Truck Engineer / Driver
Gearhouse Broadcast CorpCharlotte, NC
Full Time Job
Position Overview - Responsible for the supporting content production activities at remote locations; which includes project preparation; the installation, programming, and maintenance of production and broadcast equipment and related IT and IP hardware and crew assignments.
• Perform installation, maintenance and repair of broadcast and IT equipment in outside broadcast facilities in a fast-paced production environment.
• Perform varied tasks, document systems and processes, adapt to changing priorities.
• Work with Operations staff to ensure the proper execution and delivery of projects.
• Program broadcast gear (includes: routers, switchers, mixers, CG, GFX, communications, etc.)
• Provide technical reports and general status for each project.
• Operate and drive production vehicle from job to job.
• Maintain knowledge of technology trends, standards, and methodologies along with emerging technologies.
Note: the ability to solve complex technical and operational problems independently are essential to be successful in this position.
• 2-5 years in a remote TV production environment, preferably on remote events
• Education or training in TV production or computer platforms, IP/IT technologies
• Experience providing production support of live and recorded programming
• Requires thorough systems knowledge of broadcast IT infrastructure which includes technical spaces (control rooms, studios, terminal gear/equipment/central apparatus/distribution riser rooms and data centers) and associated production systems (A/V and data routing, signal processing, cameras, switchers, audio mixers, intercom, encoders/encoding, feeds/edit systems, master control, automation, server-based playback and transmission systems, etc.)
• Experience with TV associated transmission technologies and systems (encoder, decoder encryption)
• Up to 70% travel, occasionally on a last-minute basis
• Evening and weekend work
• Must possess a valid driver's license
• Demonstrated familiarity with basic server, networking topology and operating systems (e.g., Windows, Unix, etc.)
• Possess manufacturer-provided broadcast training from SONY, Calrec, EVERTZ, Imagine, etc…
• SBE CEV, CBTE and/or CEV certification(s)
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online