Gaumont Television USA LLCWest Hollywood, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Accounting Analyst jobs in West Hollywood-CA
Formed in 1895, Gaumont is the first and oldest film company in the world, with offices in Paris, Los Angeles, London, Rome and Cologne. Gaumont produces and distributes high-quality TV programming worldwide. Key drama series include the award-winning Narcos for Netflix and Stillwater for Apple; the critically acclaimed Lupin, Hannibal and El Presidente; Barbarians, Do Re Mi and Samurai Rabbit, The Usagi Chronicles, amongst many others. In the past years, the company's release schedule has continued to increase across television and animation production, in both the French and English languages and it is an exciting time to join the team as Gaumont continues to grow into a dynamic global brand.
Gaumont is seeking an Analyst for Accounting to join our Team. This person will report to the Chief Financial Officer and be based out of West Hollywood, CA.
· Work with the finance team on month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing with accounting tasks including, but not limited to:
o Completing monthly bank reconciliations for corporate bank accounts
o Completing monthly, quarterly, and annual adjusting journal entries and accruals related to fixed-asset depreciation, intangible asset amortization, loan interest, payroll, inter-company transactions, foreign currency revaluations, residuals, profit participations, etc., as well as maintaining related schedules.
o Working with external accountant to review compilation financial statements.
· Updating corporate accounting books through Quickbooks Online software, with tasks including, but not limited to:
o Generating and analyzing accounting reports, including Balance Sheets, Profit and Loss Statements, Statements of Cash Flows, Accounts Receivable Aging Reports, etc.
o Reviewing transactions downloaded from bank accounts daily.
· Assisting finance team with external audits from guilds, networks, accounting firms, etc.
· Providing assistance to the account payable process.
· Proficient in Excel, experience with Quickbooks Online a plus.
· Highly motivated to own major accounting processes and work autonomously.
· Ability to process a large volume of transactions and scrutinize large data sets with a high level of accuracy.
· Ability to learn quickly, self-review, develop systems to catch errors, learn from mistakes.
· Forward thinker who can conceptualize the need for and effectively implement process improvements.
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting
· Production / entertainment industry accounting background preferred.
· 1 - 2 years of relevant experience.
Gaumont's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender or gender identity or expression, genetics or any other federal/state protected category. Gaumont will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local Fair Change Hiring Ordinances.