VP, Creative Development
Gamechanger FilmsLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Search for VP, Creative Development jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Responsibilities of the Vice President of Creative Development include:
• Supervise development of material and projects to be made by the Company.
• Oversee script coverage readers and the Internship Program.
• Generate notes/documents on projects from every stage of production from development through post.
• Establish and maintain relationships with the writers on current projects.
• Entrusted to lead writers during the development process and take them to the finish line
• Maintain and compile lists of writers, directors, actors, showrunners, producers.
• Discover new talent and voices
• Evaluate and meet with new writers, directors, producers, actors and production crews for use in the Company's films.
• Act as a liaison between the Company's senior executives and the creative community.
• Review and respond to creative script submissions, write rejection letters relating to all levels of submissions
• Prepare and attend presentations and pitches to potential partners.
• Supervise the creation of high-quality pitch materials such as treatments, outlines, bibles, proof of concepts, sizzle reels and trailers (developing/producing/editing).
• Supervise the creation of outlines and bibles: detailed character descriptions, pilot episode stories, backstories, etc.
• Researches and coordinates various projects as assigned.
• Prepare corporate reports which outline Company's development and production situations and provides analysis of current and prospective market trends in the US and Internationally.
• Track competitive development in the global marketplace.
• Develop co-production opportunities with other production companies, studios, distributors.
• Act as an ambassador promoting the Company when at industry events or speaking engagements.
• Attend film festivals and domestic and international markets to connect with talent and industry, sit on pitches, and learn about new industry trends.
• Have an understanding of high level producing and hands on production as the role will require a range of approaches to pilot new formats, establish regular cadence and produce creative at scale.
• Entrepreneurial spirit and highly collaborative - loves working with others, isn't afraid to lead or follow.
• Experience using data and intuition to make content that grabs attention and engages its audience.
• Must be able to prioritize and handle several projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment while adhering to shifting deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience working directly with talent and talent representation, in meetings and on shoots/sets.
• Skilled in pitching/ presenting with the ability to read the room.
• High tolerance for change, and the capacity to accomplish enormous amounts of work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.