Intern - Creative Development and Production
Gamechanger FilmsLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/6/2023 8:49:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Intern - Creative Development and Production jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Intern - Creative Development and Production postings
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Gamechanger Films is a film and television development, finance, and production company dedicated to inclusive storytelling. Gamechanger's past films include The Inspection (2022) produced with A24 Films, Run Sweetheart Run (2022) produced with Amazon Studios, Automatik, and Blumhouse, and Passing (2021), which was purchased by Netflix at its Sundance premiere.
Gamechanger CEO Effie T. Brown is an award-winning film, television, and digital producer known for championing inclusion and diversity in Hollywood, both behind and in front of the camera. Brown has produced several critically acclaimed films and award-winning projects including The Inspection, Real Women Have Curves, Dear White People (Independent Spirit Awards Best First Screenplay), HBO's Project Greenlight (Executive Produced by Matt Damon & Ben Affleck), among several others. Brown also served as an executive producer on Lee Daniels' STAR on FOX and Disney Channel's Zombies. Brown serves as the Chair of the Academy Museum Inclusion Advisory Committee.
Gamechanger also recently founded a nonprofit with a mission to prepare the next generation of producers, executives, and filmmakers drawn from underrepresented communities for professional success, and to catalyze equity in the industry. GCNP will launch programming in 2023, including mentorships, master classes, and fiscal sponsorships.
JOB TITLE: CREATIVE DEVELOPMENT & PRODUCTION INTERN
RESPONSIBILITIES: Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Reading approved script submissions and providing written summaries and analysis for executives.
• Engaging in project-based research and special assignments.
• Providing administrative support on desks as needed.
• Assisting producers with development, pre-production, production, post-production work as needed.
• Enrolled full-time in an accredited college or university for the duration of the internship.
• Proficiency with MS Suite (i.e. Teams, Sharepoint, Powerpoint, Outlook, Excel, Word)
• Proficiency with Google Suite
• Patience, the ability to multitask, willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
• Attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must be willing to travel to our offices based in Glendale, California, on Tuesdays and Thursdays (10am to 4:30pm).
• Prior film and/or television creative development experience. Please specify if the experience was on narratives or documentaries - Gamechanger produces both!
• Familiarity with programs such as AirTable, Canva, and Adobe Creative Suite.
• Social media savvy (Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, etc)
LOCATION: Glendale, California.
JOB TYPE: Internship, Part Time.
PAY: Unpaid educational internship for college credit.
START DATE//END DATE: now through May 12, 2023
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR APPLICATION:
• Cover Letter
Be sure to tell us:
• Your story.
• How you found us.
• What makes you a Gamechanger.
Gamechanger Films is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.