FX NetworksLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/14/2021 7:53:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for VP, Production jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all VP, Production postings
Full Time Job
VP, Production( FX Networks)
Vice President, Production (FX Networks – Los Angeles, CA 90064)
FX Networks is seeking a Vice President to manage the production of scripted television pilots, series and limited series produced by the FX Network. The VP will interface with the executives in charge of production of third-party pilots and series licensed by FX or co-produced with FX Productions. The position will report to and seek direct feedback from the EVP of Production.
• Interfaces with internal executives in charge of production as well as executive producers and other external production and development executives for the licensed programs on FX.
• Analyzes production budgets and cost reports within the framework of the creative vision FX executives expect to achieve.
• Monitors progress of all productions for financial, logistical and qualitative performance against approved plans.
• Identifies line producers to be engaged for particular projects and manages their activities to assure that FX in-house productions are on budget and on time.
• Develops, evaluates and revises production schedules and overall production budgets.
• Identifies and directs measures to be taken to reduce production costs.
• On-going familiarity with tax-rebate structures and location shooting advantages domestically and internationally.
• Continuously monitors hot costs and final cost reports. Models pilot and series budgets for half-hour, one hour, mini-series and weekday strip programming.
• Monitors schedules during production, post and delivery.
• Provide guidance and structure for line producers and production staff to ensure all contracts, deal memos, permits, releases, labor laws, I-9, Harassment, Conflict of Interest, Minors Law, etc. are adhered to per Company requirements.
• Familiarity with guild and union agreements, including the complexities and details of each, as well as awareness of each production's needs to be as strategic as possible.
• Minimum 7 – 10 years' experience as television production manager or producer.
• 4-year college degree preferred.
• Expertise in budgeting a variety of programming (i.e., half-hour, one hour, mini-series, weekly strip). Experience with tax-rebate structures and location shooting advantages domestically and internationally.
• Experience with, relevant union and guild rules, policies and procedures.
• Strong communication skills required to balance the creative and economic needs of the company with the often-competing interests of executive producers, talent, third party studios and others. Superior multi-tasking between projects in various states of production.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About FX Networks:
FX Networks is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM, the video on-demand app FXNOW and the commercial-free on-demand service FX . FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 88 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series including Taboo, Legion, Snowfall, Trust, Pose, Mayans M.C. and the upcoming Y; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD, Fosse/Verdon and the upcoming Devs, Shogun and Mrs. America; acclaimed hit comedy series including Atlanta, Baskets, Better Things, What We Do in the Shadows and the upcoming Breeders; the half-hour series Mr Inbetween; and the upcoming docuseries The Weekly with The New York Times. FX is the former home of the critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama series The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Damages, Sons of Anarchy, Justified and The Americans. The network's library of acquired box-office hit movies is unmatched by any ad-supported television network. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 86 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and the Emmy® Award winning comedy series Archer. FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 57 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films, and short-form award-winning original programming in the evening.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international