Summer Intern - FX Original Programming
FX NetworksLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/13/2021 9:52:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Summer Intern - FX Original Programming jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Summer Intern - FX Original Programming postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Summer Intern - FX Original Programming? FX Original Programming Internship – Summer 2021 (Remote)
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
A day in the life…
You will primarily be responsible for familiarizing yourself with our shows, as well as be given tasks from both the Development and Current Programming departments that will include writing coverage, entering information into grids, updating development reports, and doing research projects. In addition, you will be handling some basic administrative duties. You will also be expected to read the trades and ask questions; you will be encouraged to pursue things that intrigue you.
We endeavor to give you as much exposure to the creative process, real-world scenarios and skill sets as we can so that you not only learn about FX Original Series but walk away with the skills and experience necessary to help launch a potential career in TV.
What you bring to the role…
• Strong written and verbal skills and an ability to analyze story.
• Interest in reading - strong research skills
• Demonstrated understanding of competitive TV landscape
• Strong interest in learning Cable TV
• Familiarity with industry talent (writers, directors, actors, etc.)
• Analytical skills for developing projects and giving notes as well as identifying talent (writers, directors, actors)
• Motivated, self-sufficient, with a can-do attitude
• Previous experience in a professional environment
• Passion for learning and eagerness to be a team player
• General knowledge of FX Networks programming
• All candidates must be eligible to work in the US
• All candidates must be at least 18 years old
• All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the past 18 months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
• Work is remote (from home)
• All candidates must be able to work west coast work hours
• All candidates must be available from May/June – August/September
• All candidates must be willing to work approx. 24 hours/week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About FX Networks:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with FX Networks, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call FX Networks.
FX Networks, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Apply Now This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.