FX NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FX is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM, the video on-demand app FXNOW, and the streaming hub FX on HULU that features exclusive FX series, next day access to current FX and FXX series, and FX Networks' library of legacy series. FX on Hulu exclusive series include Devs, Mrs. America, A Teacher and the upcoming The Old Man, Y: The Last Man and American Horror Stories. FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 86 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama series including Pose, Snowfall, Mayans M.C., and Taboo; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD, Black Narcissus and the upcoming Shogun, Great Expectations and Pistol; acclaimed hit comedy series including Atlanta, Better Things, What We Do in the Shadows, Breeders and the upcoming Reservation Dogs; the half-hour series Mr Inbetween and the Untitled B.J. Novak Project; a slate of docuseries and documentary features, including The New York Times Presents, The Most Dangerous Animal of All, AKA Jane Roe, A Wilderness of Error, Hip Hop Uncovered and Hysterical; and the FX Original Movie A Christmas Carol. FX is the former home of the critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama series The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Damages, Sons of Anarchy, Justified and The Americans. The network's library of acquired box-office hit movies is unmatched by any ad-supported television network. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 82 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Emmy® Award-winning comedy series Archer, DAVE and Cake, a weekly showcase of short-form comedy programming. FXX is also the cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history. FXM was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 57 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films, and short-form award-winning original programming in the evening.
Production Artist (FX Networks – Los Angeles, CA 90064)
FX Networks is seeking a Production Artist to create and animate all necessary elements needed to version, tag and revise brand packaging and launch spots for new and returning FX original series. The Production Artist will also help prepare and package assets for final delivery, ensuring all outgoing deliverables meet the required specs. This position will work closely with Designers, Producers, Art Directors and Creative Directors to maintain quality and consistency of the network brand.
• Create and animate all necessary elements needed to version, tag and revise established brand packaging and launch spots in support of new and returning FX original series and network branding.
• Work closely with department Producers to manage time and fulfill high volume requests needed to sustain the season and beyond.
• Assess incoming assets and project files to ensure we have necessary plug-ins, fonts, etc.
• Collaborate and strategize with the Designers, Art Directors, Creative Directors and Creative VP's in concept development, design and animation to establish a bespoke brand package.
• 4 year college degree in graphic design or fine art preferred.
• Minimum of 1-3 years graphics design experience in television/post-production.
• Knowledge of post-production technology past, present, and future is preferred.
• Proficiency in AfterEffects, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel required, Microsoft Outlook and Cinema4D a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have good mathematical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent organizational and project coordination skills.
• Must have ability to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities, deadlines, and daily time constraints.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About FX Networks:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with FX Networks, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call FX Networks.
FX Networks, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. App