Manager, Media Relations
FX NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FX is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM, the video on-demand app FXNOW, and the streaming hub FX on HULU that features exclusive FX series, next day access to current FX and FXX series, and FX Networks' library of legacy series. FX on Hulu exclusive series include Devs, Mrs. America, A Teacher and the upcoming The Old Man, Y: The Last Man and American Horror Stories. FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 86 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama series including Pose, Snowfall, Mayans M.C., and Taboo; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD, Black Narcissus and the upcoming Shogun, Great Expectations and Pistol; acclaimed hit comedy series including Atlanta, Better Things, What We Do in the Shadows, Breeders and the upcoming Reservation Dogs; the half-hour series Mr Inbetween and the Untitled B.J. Novak Project; a slate of docuseries and documentary features, including The New York Times Presents, The Most Dangerous Animal of All, AKA Jane Roe, A Wilderness of Error, Hip Hop Uncovered and Hysterical; and the FX Original Movie A Christmas Carol. FX is the former home of the critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama series The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Damages, Sons of Anarchy, Justified and The Americans. The network's library of acquired box-office hit movies is unmatched by any ad-supported television network. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 82 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Emmy® Award-winning comedy series Archer, DAVE and Cake, a weekly showcase of short-form comedy programming. FXX is also the cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history. FXM was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 57 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films, and short-form award-winning original programming in the evening.
Manager, Media Relations (FX Networks – New York, NY 10023)
FX Networks is seeking a NY- based Manager of Media Relations to manage the daily implementation of public relations for assigned FX programs. This includes planning and implementing press and public relations-related objectives and programs, assisting with the strategic planning and implementation of publicity campaigns, and cultivating media support and awareness of the company.
• Manage and execute the entertainment publicity campaigns for FX Networks programs by identifying and developing creative news angles to publicize programming and special events.
• Work alongside Vice Presidents in the department as a unit publicist, including traveling to the set of FX original shows to organize and manage media interviews.
• Spearhead talent press trips, set visits, special events/premieres, promotions, photo shoots, press tours, press junkets and clip selections for talent appearances on talk shows.
• Assist with strategic planning and implementation of publicity campaigns, press materials and press releases – brainstorm, research and pitch ideas.
• Write and edit press materials and press releases; schedule and conduct press conferences, interviews and tours.
• Help pitch red carpet press for show premieres, and work all NY events and select LA events, helping to manage red carpet in advance and the night of the event.
• Provide support for other FX Networks series and specials, including all NY-based productions.
• Select electronic clips for talent media appearances; work with legal in clearing all clips for use.
• Assist in gathering and creating supporting materials for awards submissions (i.e. clip selections, press quotes, proofing mailers and trade ads) in support of Awards team.
• 4 year college degree in Communications and/or related field required.
• Minimum of 4 – 5 years previous experience in television publicity at a network or agency preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well under pressure and with various personalities tactfully.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Must be highly organized, professional, motivated, resourceful and detail-oriented.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects at the same time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About FX Networks:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly