Manager - Media Relations
FX NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
FX Networks is seeking a Manager of Media Relations to manage the daily implementation of public relations for assigned FX programs. This includes planning and implementing press and public relations-related objectives and programs, assisting with the strategic planning and implementation of publicity campaigns, and cultivating media support and awareness of the company.
• Works with VPs in the department as a unit publicist, going on the set of FX original shows to organize interviews.
• Develops and pitches viable stories to editors/reporters for assigned show(s); writes and edits press materials and press releases; and schedules and conducts press conferences, interviews and tours.
• Assists in the planning of press conferences, press junkets, and TCA sessions and accommodates occasional talent requests from system providers.
• Helps pitch red carpet press for show premieres, and works all LA events and select NY events, helping to manage red carpet in advance and the night of the event.
• Provide support for other FX Networks series and specials, including all LA-based productions; selects electronic clips for talent media appearances and works with legal in clearing all clips for use.
• Assists in gathering and creating supporting materials for awards submissions (i.e. clip selections, press quotes, proofing mailers and trade ads).
• Bachelor's degree in Communications and/or related field required.
• At least 4-5 years previous experience in television publicity at a network or agency preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills are required, with the ability to handle stressful situations and various personalities diplomatically.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required.
• Must be highly organized, motivated, resourceful and detail-oriented with the ability to handle stressful situations and various personalities.
• Must be able to handle multiple projects at once and excel at time management/prioritization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FX Networks, a business unit of 21st Century Fox, is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM and the video on-demand app FXNOW. The networks' diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama, comedy and limited series, including The Americans, Taboo, Legion, Snowfall, Trust, American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD, Atlanta, Baskets, Better Things, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Archer and You're the Worst. FX Networks received 55 Emmy® Award nominations in 2017, the most of any basic cable network for the fourth consecutive year, after winning a basic cable record 18 Emmy Awards in 2016.