Manager, Business Affairs
FX NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Business Affairs (FX –Los Angeles, CA 90064)
The FX Business Affairs team is seeking a Manager-level attorney to negotiate and draft various contracts, guild deal memos, and clip licenses for FX and FXX.
• Draft guild deal memos (DGA & WGA) and Clip Licenses
• Prepare legal documents and redlines, including certificates of authorship, certificates of engagement and separation of rights agreements; respond to comments from third parties
• Analyze contracts in response to business questions and provide necessary contractual/research information to FX executives.
• Maintain and administer department records and lists of deals, coordinating with Contract Administration
• JD and active member of the CA bar required, or willingness and qualification to be Registered In-House Counsel
• Experience in a business & legal affairs department preferred
• Previous exposure to legal issues specific to a network or studio a plus
• Must have strong written (including legal drafting) and verbal communication skills
• Must be able to maintain discretion and professionalism with senior leaders
• Must have strong reasoning skills and be solutions-oriented
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Adobe Acrobat and Salesforce experience preferred
• Must be detail-oriented with the ability to independently prioritize work and handle a high volume of tasks with set deadlines
• Must have excellent organizational and tracking skills
• Must be client-service oriented
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About FX Networks:
FX Networks is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM, the video on-demand app FXNOW and the commercial-free on-demand service FX . FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 88 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series including Taboo, Legion, Snowfall, Trust, Pose, Mayans M.C. and the upcoming Y; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD, Fosse/Verdon and the upcoming Devs, Shogun and Mrs. America; acclaimed hit comedy series including Atlanta, Baskets, Better Things, What We Do in the Shadows and the upcoming Breeders; the half-hour series Mr Inbetween; and the upcoming docuseries The Weekly with The New York Times. FX is the former home of the critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama series The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Damages, Sons of Anarchy, Justified and The Americans. The network's library of acquired box-office hit movies is unmatched by any ad-supported television network. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 86 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and the Emmy® Award winning comedy series Archer. FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 57 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films, and short-form award-winning original programming in the evening.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with FX Networks, which is part of a business segment we call FX Networks.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.