FX NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Awards (FX Networks – Los Angeles, CA 90064)
FX Networks is seeking a Manager of Awards to manage award entries and campaign-related tasks in collaboration with the Awards team. This includes managing content and assets for entry, FYC and awards ceremonies, and collaborating closely with FX Events and Talent Relations on FYC events. This position works closely with the SVP, Creative Services to support FX original series and its talent in the best possible light.
• Work with the Director of Awards Strategy on annual awards submissions inclusive of managing execution across all appropriate awards opportunities.
• Oversee process, timeline and approvals for all awards outreach.
• Work in tandem with the SVP, Creative Services on FYC workflow including FYC ads, member blasts, and screening code access for voters.
• Collaborate with and Co-Manage all Guild and ATAS FYC event and panel needs with the FX Events team.
• Collaborate with and Co-Manage with the FX Talent Relations teams on oversight of talent, producer and executive requirements for all award show attendees.
• Responsible for selecting, reviewing, routing and submitting all clips necessary for both awards submissions and award show needs.
• Maintain FX awards database and all recordkeeping, keeping information up to date and press-ready.
• 4 year college degree or relevant experience required.
• Minimum of 4 years previous experience in entertainment awards, publicity or talent relations preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to manage budgets and assess costs.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Filmmaker Pro. Familiarity with Photoshop a plus.
• Highly organized, professional, motivated, and extremely detail-oriented with strong prioritization skills.
• Must have ability to multitask, work well under pressure and work effectively under changing priorities, deadlines, and daily time constraints.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About FX Networks:
FX Networks is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM, the video on-demand app FXNOW and the commercial-free on-demand service FX . FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 88 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series including Taboo, Legion, Snowfall, Trust, Pose, Mayans M.C. and the upcoming Y; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD, Fosse/Verdon and the upcoming Devs, Shogun and Mrs. America; acclaimed hit comedy series including Atlanta, Baskets, Better Things, What We Do in the Shadows and the upcoming Breeders; the half-hour series Mr Inbetween; and the upcoming docuseries The Weekly with The New York Times. FX is the former home of the critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama series The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Damages, Sons of Anarchy, Justified and The Americans. The network's library of acquired box-office hit movies is unmatched by any ad-supported television network. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 86 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and the Emmy® Award winning comedy series Archer. FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 57 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films, and short-form award-winning original programming in the evening.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cher