Fall Paid Intern - FX Original Programming
FX NetworksRemote, US
This was removed by the employer on 8/12/2021 11:53:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Search for Fall Paid Intern - FX Original Programming jobs in Remote-US
Search all Fall Paid Intern - FX Original Programming postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Fall Paid Intern - FX Original Programming?
Part Time Paid Internship
FX Original Programming Internship (Remote), Fall 2021
A Day in the Life…
You will primarily be responsible for familiarizing yourself with our shows, as well as be given tasks from both the Development and Current Programming departments that will include writing coverage, entering information into grids, updating development reports, and doing research projects. In addition, you will be handling some basic administrative duties. You will also be expected to read the trades and ask questions; you will be encouraged to pursue things that intrigue you.
We endeavor to give you as much exposure to the creative process, real-world scenarios and skill sets as we can so that you not only learn about FX Original Series but walk away with the skills and experience necessary to help launch a potential career in TV.
What we are looking for…
• Strong written and verbal skills and an ability to analyze story.
• Interest in reading - strong research skills
• Demonstrated understanding of competitive TV landscape
• Strong interest in learning Cable TV
• Familiarity with industry talent (writers, directors, actors, etc.)
• Analytical skills for developing projects and giving notes as well as identifying talent (writers, directors, actors)
• Motivated, self-sufficient, with a can-do attitude
• Previous experience in a professional environment
• Passion for learning and eagerness to be a team player
• General knowledge of FX Networks programming
• Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last eighteen (18) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program.
• This internship is a remote internship. The internship requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated work space.
• The approximate dates of this internship are September through December/January.
• Candidate must be available to work part time hours (approximately 24 hours per week) for the duration of the internship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About FX Networks:
FX Networks is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM, the video on-demand app FXNOW and the commercial-free on-demand service FX . FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 88 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series including Taboo, Legion, Snowfall, Trust, Pose, Mayans M.C. and the upcoming Y; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD, Fosse/Verdon and the upcoming Devs, Shogun and Mrs. America; acclaimed hit comedy series including Atlanta, Baskets, Better Things, What We Do in the Shadows and the upcoming Breeders; the half-hour series Mr Inbetween; and the upcoming docuseries The Weekly with The New York Times. FX is the former home of the critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama series The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Damages, Sons of Anarchy, Justified and The Americans. The network's library of acquired box-office hit movies is unmatched by any ad-supported television network. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 86 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and the Emmy® Award winning comedy series Archer. FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 57 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films, and short-form award-winning original programming in the evening.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences