FX NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Editor, Content & Editorial (FX Networks – Los Angeles, CA 90064)
FX Networks is seeking a multi-genre creative force Editor to execute a wide range of editorial projects, including episodic promotions, program launch campaigns, network marketing reels and ad sales projects. The Editor must possess the skills to take a project from inception through final delivery. This positon requires film, video, audio, and visual effects post production experience as well as strong marketing instincts.
• Working solo or in collaboration with a writer/producer or creative executive, deliver promotional materials that are creative, engaging, effective, on-brand and delivered on deadline.
• Projects include all forms of marketing materials. Specific skills required include: ingesting, script review, brainstorming, editing, selecting, graphics assembly, color correction, music research, sound design, music editing and mixing, sweetening, on-lining and deliver of promotional materials.
• Manage projects from start to finish, including archiving footage, string outs, spots, campaigns and related elements.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with motion graphics and design staff, operations and scheduling, fellow editorial colleagues, and outside resources.
• College graduate preferred. Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing post production editorial and/or commercial editing.
• Creative and technically skilled with a thorough understanding of network television promotions and editorial procedures.
• Must be savvy in Avid Symphony and related systems, effects plug-ins, digital media routing and storage, audio boards and mixing, decks, scopes, monitors and related editorial equipment. Familiarity with show scripts, dailies and story-based editorial techniques.
• Proficient in applicable software applications: Sapphire effects, EDL Manager, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
• Good verbal, written communication and presentation skills, as well as good interpersonal skills are required. Demonstrated skill in developing and maintaining effective business relationships is necessary.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects, troubleshoot creative challenges and demonstrate strong analytical skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail are required. The ability to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities and daily time constraints is required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer are needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About FX Networks:
FX Networks is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM, the video on-demand app FXNOW and the commercial-free on-demand service FX . FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 88 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series including Taboo, Legion, Snowfall, Trust, Pose, Mayans M.C. and the upcoming Y; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD, Fosse/Verdon and the upcoming Devs, Shogun and Mrs. America; acclaimed hit comedy series including Atlanta, Baskets, Better Things, What We Do in the Shadows and the upcoming Breeders; the half-hour series Mr Inbetween; and the upcoming docuseries The Weekly with The New York Times. FX is the former home of the critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama series The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Damages, Sons of Anarchy, Justified and The Americans. The network's library of acquired box-office hit movies is unmatched by any ad-supported television network. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 86 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and the Emmy® Award winning comedy series Archer. FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 57 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films, and short-form award-winning original programming in the evening.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainm