Editor, On-Air Promotions
FX NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Editor, On-Air Promotions FX Networks – Los Angeles, CA 90064)
FX Networks is seeking an Editor to execute a wide range of editorial projects, including episodic promotions, program launch campaigns, acquired and original movie promotion, network marketing and ad sales projects, and design editing and compositing. The Editor must possess the skills to take a project from inception through final delivery. This position requires a broad creative and technical acumen in both video and audio post production coupled with sound marketing instincts and a collaborative personality.
• Working solo or in collaboration with a writer/producer, deliver promotional materials that are creative, engaging, effective, on-brand and delivered on deadline. Projects include all forms of marketing materials, from launch campaigns and topical promotions to marketing reels and presentation pieces. Specific skills required include: ingesting, script review, brainstorming, editing, graphics assembly, color correction, music research, sound design, sweetening and online editing.
• Manage projects from start to finish, including archiving footage, string outs, spots, campaigns and related elements.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with motion graphics and design staff, operations and scheduling, fellow editorial colleagues, and outside resources.
• College graduate preferred, but not required.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing post production editorial and/or commercial editing utilizing Avid and Symphony edit systems, as well as familiarity with show scripts, dailies and story-based editorial techniques.
• Position calls for a creative and technically skilled editor who possesses a thorough understanding of network television promotions and procedures.
• Must be proficient in Avid Symphony and related systems including but not limited to: effects plug-ins, Adobe Photoshop, digital media routing and storage, audio boards, audio mixing, scopes, and related editorial equipment.
• Must be proficient in applicable software applications (Sapphire effects, EDL Manager, Adobe Photoshop, etc.).
• Good verbal, written communication and presentation skills, as well as good interpersonal skills are required. Demonstrated skill in developing and maintaining effective business relationships is necessary.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects, troubleshoot creative challenges and demonstrate strong analytical skills.
• Good organizational skills and attention to detail are required. The ability to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities and daily time constraints is required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Explorer are needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FX Networks, a business unit of 21st Century Fox, is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM and the video on-demand app FXNOW. The networks' diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama, comedy and limited series, including The Americans, Taboo, Legion, Snowfall, Trust, American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD, Atlanta, Baskets, Better Things, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Archer and You're the Worst. FX Networks received 55 Emmy® Award nominations in 2017, the most of any basic cable network for the fourth consecutive year, after winning a basic cable record 18 Emmy Awards in 2016.