Director, Social Media & Content
FX NetworksLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/1/2021 12:54:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Director, Social Media & Content jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Director, Social Media & Content postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Director, Social Media & Content?
Full Time Job
Director, Social Media & Content (FX Networks)
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Director, Social Media & Content (FX Networks –Los Angeles, CA 90064)
The Director, Social Media & Content is responsible for supervising creative and a number of critical tasks and processes in FX's social media department. FX currently manages over 100 social networking profiles supporting FX, FXX, FXM, FX on Hulu and the networks' suite of original programming on platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, and more. With a growing programming slate of FX Originals and an ever-evolving social landscape, the Director will play a critical role within the group.
• Act as a highly creative lead who will shape the network's social media campaigns, collaborating with the Vice President Social
Media & Content.
• Oversee social media creative development, publishing and
community management for an assigned set of FX Originals.
• Manage all elements published on each assigned show's social accounts, including everything from developing creative briefs and concepts to the output of the final creative product.
• Work with internal stakeholders and external vendors to develop campaigns that address every stage of a show's lifecycle,
developing the tone and voice for each show's social media accounts, and ensuring all deliverables meet network standards.
• Develop social media campaigns that are creative and aligned with the brand's strategic goals.
• Oversee and provide direction at off-site or virtual and remote social media marketing shoots, working with FX Marketing Production on all elements of the shoot.
• Attend various off-site or virtual marketing events, including red carpet premiere events, TCA, and Comic-Con, to ensure all objectives are met.
• Act as a key stakeholder on paid media campaigns on social platforms, including collaborating with the Advertising and Media team to develop plans, offering feedback on targeting recommendations, and ensuring campaign deliverables meet all standards and deadlines.
• Monitor social media analytics tools, ensuring goals for engagement and community growth are met, through in-season campaigns and into a show's off-season window.
• Direct community management for each assigned show, ensuring content is published on schedule and copywriting is following network guidelines and matches each show's tone and voice.
• Collaborate with the Director, Social Media & Content Operations to create timelines for deliverables and projects and set internal deadlines.
• Develop engagement and retention plans for all social media channels, and ensure social media account security, claiming and setup.
• 6+ years digital and/or social media marketing experience required
• College degree preferred
• Strong creative instincts and judgment
• Excellent writing ability and eye for making great content
• Possess a deep knowledge of social media trends and the culture surrounding both established and emerging platforms
• Avid user of social networking sites like Twitter, Facebook, with solid understanding of the current feature set of each platform with an eye to new product features
• Strong computer skills including Mac, PC iOS, Android and web based applications and services
• Passion for emerging technologies and services
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About FX Networks:
FX Networks is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM, the video on-demand app FXNOW and the commercial-free on-demand service FX . FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 88 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series including Taboo, Legion, Snowfall, Trust, Pose, Mayans M.C. and the upcoming Y; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD, Fosse/Verdon and the upcoming Devs, Shogun and Mrs. America; acclaimed hit comedy series including Atlanta, Baskets, Better Things, What We Do in the Shadows and the upcoming Breeders; the half-hour series Mr Inbetween; and the upcoming docuseries The Weekly with The New York Times. FX is the former home of the critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama series The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Damages, Sons of Anarchy, Justified and The Americans. The network's library of acquired box-office hit movies is unmatched by any ad-supported television network. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 86 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and the Emmy® Award winning comedy series Archer. FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 57 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films, and short-form award-winning original programming in t