Director, Media Relations
FX NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director, Media Relations (FX Networks– New York, NY 10023)
FX Networks is seeking a Director of Media Relations to manage the daily implementation of public relations activities for assigned FX programs, including overseeing the launch of new shows, planning and implementing press and public relations-related objectives and programs, assisting with the strategic planning and implementation of publicity campaigns, and cultivating media support and awareness of the company.
• Oversee publicity of assigned shows, act as a unit publicist, going on the set of FX original shows to help organize interviews.
• Develop and pitch viable stories to editors/reporters for assigned shows.
• Write and edit press materials and press releases.
• Schedule and conduct press conferences, interviews and tours.
• Occasionally help pitch red carpet press for show premieres, and work all NY events and some Los Angeles events (as necessary), helping to manage red carpet the night of the event.
• Oversee talent relations for assigned shows.
• Work closely with marketing department on creation and distribution of publicity materials, and ensure webmaster has proper updated and timely information about network programs and talent.
• Assist with strategic planning and implementation of publicity campaigns, working closely with VPs.
• Four year college degree in Communications or related field is required.
• Minimum 7 years previous experience in Media/Public Relations field, in television, network or studio industry a plus.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work well under pressure and with various personalities tactfully.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Must be organized, solution –oriented and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About FX Networks:
FX Networks is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM, the video on-demand app FXNOW and the commercial-free on-demand service FX . FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 88 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series including Taboo, Legion, Snowfall, Trust, Pose, Mayans M.C. and the upcoming Y; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD, Fosse/Verdon and the upcoming Devs, Shogun and Mrs. America; acclaimed hit comedy series including Atlanta, Baskets, Better Things, What We Do in the Shadows and the upcoming Breeders; the half-hour series Mr Inbetween; and the upcoming docuseries The Weekly with The New York Times. FX is the former home of the critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama series The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Damages, Sons of Anarchy, Justified and The Americans. The network's library of acquired box-office hit movies is unmatched by any ad-supported television network. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 86 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and the Emmy® Award winning comedy series Archer. FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 57 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films, and short-form award-winning original programming in the evening.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with FX Networks, which is part of a business segment we call FX Networks.