Director, Media Relations
FX NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
FX Networks is seeking a Director of Media Relations to provide oversight and day-to-day management of publicity activities for all assigned FX Networks series, as well as other programs and company initiatives. This position will be responsible for launching and sustaining new and returning shows, planning and executing goal-focused public relations campaigns, contributing to the advancement of PR objectives, and cultivating media support and awareness of FX Networks. The Director will also be actively engaged in talent-focused events, press trips, set visits and press tours.
• Oversee publicity for assigned shows to include leading strategy and planning within show pod and acting as a unit publicist, going to the set of FX original shows to help facilitate interviews
• Develop and pitch viable stories to editors/reporters for assigned shows
• Write and edit press materials and press releases
• Schedule and conduct press conferences, interviews and tours
• Partner with VPs in the department on strategic planning and implementation of publicity campaigns and initiatives across the department/network
• Create PR plans and timelines, brainstorm ideas with show pod, and research and pitch ideas
• Help pitch red carpet press for show premieres, and work all events, helping to manage red carpet interviews the night of the event as needed
• Oversee talent relations for assigned shows
• Work closely with the marketing department on creation and distribution of publicity materials
• Bachelor's degree in Communications and/or related field required
• Minimum 7 years previous experience in Media and/or Public Relations required
• Previous experience at a television network or studio a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
• Excellent interpersonal skills are required, with the ability to handle stressful situations and various personalities diplomatically
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required
• Must be organized, able to prioritize effectively, work under tight deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FX Networks, a business unit of 21st Century Fox, is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM and the video on-demand app FXNOW. The networks' diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama, comedy and limited series, including The Americans, Taboo, Legion, Snowfall, Trust, American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD, Atlanta, Baskets, Better Things, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Archer and You're the Worst. FX Networks received 55 Emmy® Award nominations in 2017, the most of any basic cable network for the fourth consecutive year, after winning a basic cable record 18 Emmy Awards in 2016.