Director, Business Affairs
FX NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Director, Business Affairs (FX Networks –Los Angeles, CA)
FX Networks is seeking a Director of Business Affairs to provide support to FX Productions through the negotiation of a myriad of service deals and acquisition of intellectual property rights. The Director will also draft, review and negotiate agreements related to the production, distribution, and acquisition of original programming.
• Negotiate a high volume of service deals for a wide variety of programming, including scripted, animated, documentary and non-scripted.
• Negotiate to signature actor ''test option'' agreements within limited time lines and monetary ranges set by casting and the production budget.
• Analyze contracts in response to business questions, as well as provide necessary contractual/research information to FX executives.
• Act as production counsel with legal executives, for series produced by FX Productions in response to all business and legal questions, including clearance and guild issues.
• JD degree and active member of CA bar or eligible for Registered In-House Counsel status (Rule 9.46).
• Minimum 3-5 years prior transactional television experience at a network, studio, production company, agency or entertainment law firm.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and negotiation skills are necessary.
• Must be able to handle moderate to advanced level reasoning tasks.
• Strong familiarity with Microsoft office applications including, Word and Excel.
• Must be able to respond to and interact with senior level creative and business executives in a professional and helpful manner.
• Must have excellent organizational skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About FX Networks:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with FX Networks, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call FX Networks.
FX Networks, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.