Coordinator, Media Relations
FX NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
FX Networks is seeking a Coordinator to support the Media Relations team with publicity for FX Networks programming. Responsibilities includes distributing program listings, programming alerts, and show clips/teasers; writing monthly highlights; booking satellite media tours; selecting clips; helping arrange conference calls, set visits and photo shoots; and creating and maintaining status reports.
• Collect and edit press materials (e.g., lead story, bios) for each show.
• Create and maintain individual show status reports.
• Select electronic clips requested for talent media appearances, work with Legal to clear all clips for use, and notify studio partner(s) as needed.
• Oversee the distribution of programming schedules to the national TV listings media services and work with Media Relations team on writing and distributing monthly programming highlights.
• Hire, train and oversee media relations interns (2-3 interns year-round).
• Distribute promotion clips and teasers to press.
• Four year college degree required, preferably in communications or related field.
• At least 2 years of work experience in a television network publicity department required.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, and superior interpersonal skills.
• Must be professional, adaptable and reliable.
• Must be organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet navigation.
• Must be able to work some nights and weekends as needed to assist with events.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FX Networks, a business unit of 21st Century Fox, is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM and the video on-demand app FXNOW. The networks' diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama, comedy and limited series, including The Americans, Taboo, Legion, Snowfall, Trust, American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD, Atlanta, Baskets, Better Things, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Archer and You're the Worst. FX Networks received 55 Emmy® Award nominations in 2017, the most of any basic cable network for the fourth consecutive year, after winning a basic cable record 18 Emmy Awards in 2016.