Associate Writer / Producer
FX NetworksLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/12/2021 7:53:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Associate Writer / Producer jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Associate Writer / Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Writer / Producer?
Full Time Job
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FX is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM, the video on-demand app FXNOW, and the streaming hub FX on HULU that features exclusive FX series, next day access to current FX and FXX series, and FX Networks' library of legacy series. FX on Hulu exclusive series include Devs, Mrs. America, A Teacher and the upcoming The Old Man, Y: The Last Man and American Horror Stories. FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 86 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama series including Pose, Snowfall, Mayans M.C., and Taboo; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD, Black Narcissus and the upcoming Shogun, Great Expectations and Pistol; acclaimed hit comedy series including Atlanta, Better Things, What We Do in the Shadows, Breeders and the upcoming Reservation Dogs; the half-hour series Mr Inbetween and the Untitled B.J. Novak Project; a slate of docuseries and documentary features, including The New York Times Presents, The Most Dangerous Animal of All, AKA Jane Roe, A Wilderness of Error, Hip Hop Uncovered and Hysterical; and the FX Original Movie A Christmas Carol. FX is the former home of the critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama series The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Damages, Sons of Anarchy, Justified and The Americans. The network's library of acquired box-office hit movies is unmatched by any ad-supported television network. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 82 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Emmy® Award-winning comedy series Archer, DAVE and Cake, a weekly showcase of short-form comedy programming. FXX is also the cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history. FXM was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 57 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films, and short-form award-winning original programming in the evening.
Associate Writer/Producer, Content & Editorial (FX Networks – Los Angeles, CA 90064)
FX Networks is seeking an Associate Writer/Producer who will be tasked with producing and delivering promotional materials that creatively and effectively promote the FX brand.
• Assist and support in the production of on-air promotion materials, including episodic promotions; program launch promotions; acquired & original movie promotion; behind-the-scenes promos & vignettes; network marketing & ad sales projects; network presentations; and multi-platform promotions.
• Guide and direct project coordinators, video editors, sound editors and on-air/announcer talent.
• Collaborate with Studio FX graphic designers.
• Assist in creative research and asset management, supporting producers with material as needed.
• Assist On-Air Promotions executives in various managerial and administrative duties.
• Creative participation in the department's in-house creative unit.
• Participant in FX Suite branding and series campaign creative.
• College Degree in related field preferred. Position requires a dynamic thinker with a minimum of two years' experience in promotions and/or production.
• Must possess a strong, edgy creative perspective.
• Must have administrative skills to meet the demands of a fast-paced and challenging position.
• Excellent verbal, written communication, negotiation, and presentation skills, as well as good interpersonal skills are required.
• Must have the ability to manage multiple projects, leadership skills, and strong analytical skills.
• Must be able to distill broad creative concepts into an abbreviated and effective promotional approach.
• Strong computer/word processing skills a must. Knowledge of graphics and editorial systems is critical. Familiarity with social networking and emerging platforms is a plus.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail is required.
• Must have a working knowledge of on-air promotions systems, network television operations, and the television marketing and promotions industry, including a robust understanding of the production & post-production processes.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About FX Networks:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe.