Assistant, Production and Special Projects
FX NetworksLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/19/2021 3:53:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Assistant, Production and Special Projects jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Assistant, Production and Special Projects postings
Full Time Job
Assistant, Production & Special Projects (FX Networks – Los Angeles, CA 90064)
FX Networks is seeking an Assistant to provide administrative support to three executives who oversee the production of all on-air promotions, editorial campaigns and special projects for marketing and other departments.
• Provide administrative support including answering phones, scheduling meetings (both internal and external), organizing schedules, handling expense reports, making travel arrangements, updating production calendar and distributing to necessary departments, requesting discs and scripts from Development and PR, gathering mail, arranging couriers and archiving campaign materials.
• Create presentation decks for a variety of projects and initiatives including campaign and spot presentations, photo and reference scrap and statistics and ratings presentations.
• Support department by ordering supplies, materials and equipment, IT support, furniture requirements and temporary staffing needs.
• Help create bi-weekly newsletter content.
• Four year college degree or equivalent work experience, preferably with a focus on television, marketing, and/or promotions.
• Experience supporting an executive in television or production preferred.
• Must have basic knowledge of television and film terminology and processes. Must be able to understand television timing and statistically-based information.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required.
• Must be able to interact and communicate with a wide variety of personalities, and demonstrate professionalism and confidence when dealing with show producers and talent via phone or in-person.
• Must be able to work under tight deadlines and be autonomous and decisive.
• Must be able to prioritize assignments, work in a very fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Must be able to have fluctuating business hours to match those of the EVP and VPs while they are traveling abroad (most frequently operating off the Eastern time zone).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About FX Networks:
FX Networks is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM, the video on-demand app FXNOW and the commercial-free on-demand service FX . FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 88 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series including Taboo, Legion, Snowfall, Trust, Pose, Mayans M.C. and the upcoming Y; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD, Fosse/Verdon and the upcoming Devs, Shogun and Mrs. America; acclaimed hit comedy series including Atlanta, Baskets, Better Things, What We Do in the Shadows and the upcoming Breeders; the half-hour series Mr Inbetween; and the upcoming docuseries The Weekly with The New York Times. FX is the former home of the critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama series The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Damages, Sons of Anarchy, Justified and The Americans. The network's library of acquired box-office hit movies is unmatched by any ad-supported television network. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 86 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and the Emmy® Award winning comedy series Archer. FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 57 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films, and short-form award-winning original programming in the evening.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create ente