Assistant, Media Relations
FX NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Assistant, Media Relations (FX Networks– Los Angeles, CA 90064)
FX Networks is seeking an Assistant to provide administrative support to the three VPs of Media Relations and general support for the department.
• Provide administrative support to the three Vice Presidents of Media Relations and general support for the department.
• Answer phones, organize meetings, maintain schedules and records, make travel arrangements and process expense reports for Vice Presidents.
• Provide support for the department as needed, including couriering/overnighting packages, keeping department organized, organize press mailers, booking meeting rooms, maintaining status reports, and escorting talent at events.
• Assist with the distribution of press materials, draft itineraries, proof press materials, send programming alerts, update fact sheets, assist in clip selections for talent appearances on talk shows, create and maintain status reports, track press breaks and help maintain master media list of television reporters.
• Work all FX events, organizing press RSVPs and guest check-in.
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications or related field is required.
• Minimum 1-2 years of administrative experience is preferred.
• Strong verbal communication and excellent interpersonal skills are required.
• Able to work well under pressure and with various personalities tactfully.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Strong grasp of social media is a plus.
• Must be motivated, highly organized, detail oriented, personable, reliable, self-assured, and able to prioritize work with minimal direction.
• Able to maintain confidentiality and interact professionally with senior executives, talent, and media personnel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About FX Networks:
FX Networks is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM, the video on-demand app FXNOW and the commercial-free on-demand service FX . FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 88 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series including Taboo, Legion, Snowfall, Trust, Pose, Mayans M.C. and the upcoming Y; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD, Fosse/Verdon and the upcoming Devs, Shogun and Mrs. America; acclaimed hit comedy series including Atlanta, Baskets, Better Things, What We Do in the Shadows and the upcoming Breeders; the half-hour series Mr Inbetween; and the upcoming docuseries The Weekly with The New York Times. FX is the former home of the critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama series The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Damages, Sons of Anarchy, Justified and The Americans. The network's library of acquired box-office hit movies is unmatched by any ad-supported television network. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 86 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and the Emmy® Award winning comedy series Archer. FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 57 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films, and short-form award-winning original programming in the evening.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with FX Networks, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call FX Networks.
FX Networks, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.