Assistant, Business Affairs
FX NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Assistant, Business Affairs (FX Networks – Los Angeles, CA 90064)
FX Networks is seeking an Assistant to provide administrative support for a Senior Vice President of Business Affairs and additional executives. This position also assists with the preparation, review and distribution of various agreements and documents, tracking and reporting of important dates and other department administrative needs.
• Manage phone calls, written correspondence and emails and facilitate execution, distribution and reporting of various talent, development and licensing agreements
• Schedule meetings and conference calls, create meeting agendas and circulate meeting materials
• Provide support with various projects in both the development and production stages, coordinating with other departments such as Legal Affairs, Finance, Production, Marketing, etc. as needed
• Work with other department executives, assistants and contract administrators to ensure that all relevant data, reports, and workflow analyses are properly maintained and distributed
• Manage visitor logistics for both the Fox lot and the Disney lot in Burbank, expense reports and arrange mail, messenger and UPS/ Fed-Ex packages
• Four-year college degree required
• Minimum 1 year of administrative or legal assistant experience required. Prior experience at an agency, production company, studio or network legal or business affairs department is a plus
• Must have strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on telephone skills
• Superior grammar, editing and proofing skills
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel is required. Adobe Acrobat and PowerPoint preferred
• Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented with the ability to independently prioritize work and handle multiple tasks with set deadlines
• Client-service orientation, with a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is essential
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About FX Networks:
FX Networks is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM, the video on-demand app FXNOW and the commercial-free on-demand service FX . FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 88 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit dramas series including Taboo, Legion, Snowfall, Trust, Pose, Mayans M.C. and the upcoming Y; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD, Fosse/Verdon and the upcoming Devs, Shogun and Mrs. America; acclaimed hit comedy series including Atlanta, Baskets, Better Things, What We Do in the Shadows and the upcoming Breeders; the half-hour series Mr Inbetween; and the upcoming docuseries The Weekly with The New York Times. FX is the former home of the critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama series The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Damages, Sons of Anarchy, Justified and The Americans. The network's library of acquired box-office hit movies is unmatched by any ad-supported television network. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 86 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and the Emmy® Award winning comedy series Archer. FXX is also the exclusive cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history. FXM (formerly Fox Movie Channel) was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 57 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films, and short-form award-winning original programming in the evening.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work