Full Time Job
We are currently seeking a Recruiter who is able to remotely work from one of our Canadian studio locations coordinating and managing the recruitment efforts for our Vancouver, Montreal, and Toronto offices.
The successful candidate will be required to manage the full recruitment life cycle from job posting and advertisements, managing in-coming applications, head-hunting, networking and seeking referrals. The role will also be responsible for maintaining and growing our current network of artists and post-production professionals by proactively searching, screening and continuously mapping out potential talent in the industry.
FuseFX is an award-winning Visual Effects Studio providing visual effects services for episodic television, feature films, commercials, virtual and VR productions. Founded in 2006, the company employs 500+ personnel across seven studio locations: our flagship office in Los Angeles, CA, New York City, Vancouver, BC., and Atlanta. Our offices in Montreal, Toronto, and Bogota, is serviced by FOLKS VFX. Folks joined the FuseFX family of brands in 2020.
• Manage and respond to all applications submitted to the Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal studios
• Handle job posting maintenance weekly.
• Coordinate and schedule interviews for all 3 studios
• Conduct interviews & ensure that the FuseFX/Folks VFX brand is appropriately managed and represented to candidates
• Utilizing social networking, job boards, referrals and our internal network to source and headhunt prospective talent
• Build and maintain relationships with prospective talent in order to establish networks in the industry to meet current and future hiring needs
• Maintain and improve current recruiting practices and systems to ensure a pool of eligible candidates are available to fill both staff and project based positions in a short turn
• Maintain constant communication with production management, department managers, supervisors, and HR to understand immediate and future hiring requirements and priorities
• Provide weekly staffing reports.
• Work with HR to prepare offers which meet candidate expectations, and align the skill level to the correct salary band/job, in line with budgets
• Work with managers and HR to ensure job descriptions, contracts and other supporting documents are up to date and generated within a timely manner
• Coordinate new hire onboarding with production technology, hiring managers and HR.
• Support the recruiting function and process that includes scheduling interviews, organizing candidate travel, preparing offer letters & contract, processing employee referrals, and completing reference and background checks.
Act as liaison between all temporary agencies and managers. Responsible for phone screens of potential temp candidates as well as onboarding logistics.
Drive recruitment events ensuring that FuseFX is represented positively and that artist information is collected effectively
Drive university relations and ensure FuseFX has an ongoing relationship with college and trade program directors, educators and administrators ensuring that FuseFX has access to the best and brightest upcoming talent.
Work with HR to develop, implement and monitor an Internship program to connect students and graduates to FuseFX
• Assist HR team in special projects as required.
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times.
Traits of a successful FuseFX Recruiter:
College degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Psychology, Sociology, Communications or related field preferred
Previous experience in Visual Effects, Animation, or CG recruiting is required.
Strong understanding of VFX principles, techniques, and tools is required.
Prior experience with artist recruiting, while not required, is a welcome addition
Solid experience of the recruitment life cycle and solutions to hire creative candidates
Demonstrates the ability to build relationships both internally and externally with a customer-focused approach.
Has a basic working knowledge of legal and immigration requirements that affect recruitment.
Is pro-active with a drive and determination to get things done positively and with enthusiasm
Excellent attention to detail and pride in the quality of their work
A self-starter with the ability to handle several projects at once with excellent planning and organizing skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills
The ability to cope under pressure in a changing environment.
Strong computer skills with proficiency working in Filemaker, Taleo, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Some travel required between the three studios
Bilingual - French and English language a plus.
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online