FuseFXNew York, NY
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Systems Administrator jobs in New York-NY
Search all Systems Administrator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Systems Administrator? FuseFX is seeking a talented Systems Administrator, who has a passion for the Visual FX industry and episodic TV, to join our New York office.
The Systems Administrator is primarily responsible for maintaining the New York data center including environmental conditions, network infrastructure, servers, and storage. This role also includes end user support, monitoring the ticket queue, supporting and maintaining our workstations.
FuseFX is an award-winning Visual Effects Studio providing visual effects services for episodic television, feature films, commercials, virtual and VR productions. Founded in 2006, the company employs 500+ personnel across seven studio locations: our flagship office in Los Angeles, CA, New York City, Vancouver, BC., and Atlanta. Our offices in Montreal, Toronto, and Bogota, is serviced by FOLKS VFX. Folks joined the FuseFX family of brands in 2020.
• Maintain general upkeep and health of the New York data center
• Troubleshoot infrastructure issues and determine priorities
• Responsible for creating and maintaining technical documentation
• Act as a main point of contact to offer technical support to all employees in the NY office and assist with tickets in our LA, ATL, and BC offices
• Support and maintain our workstations, network infrastructure, servers, and storage
• Ensure network security policies are maintained and adhere to industry guidelines/standards
• Ability to be available for critical server outages (i.e. potential weekend work)
Traits of a successful FuseFX Systems Administrator:
• 3 to 5 years' in a Systems Administration / Helpdesk / Desktop Support experience, experience within the film industry and/or television experience is a plus
• Comfortable with Windows, Mac OSX and some Linux
• General knowledge of Active Directory / Office 365 Administration
• Experience with VMWare / VSphere and enterprise level storage systems such as Isilon / Qumulo / Stornex / Nautilus
• Experience with PaloAlto Firewall and general switching infrastructure
• Strong problem solving skills
• A robust team player who enjoys working with and helping others
• High level of autonomy and initiative as well as being able to prioritize efficiently
• Good knowledge of network protocols and switching
• Comfortable with firewalls and network security and switch configurations
• Experience with modern configuration management systems (Salt)
• Familiar with systems/network monitoring and metrics collection (collectd, zabbix, graphana)
• Working knowledge of scripting languages such as BASH, SED, AWK or Python
• Comfortable with cloud services such as Amazon Web Services & cloud rendering
• Knowledge of FileMaker a plus
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.