FuseFXNew York, NY
Full Time Job
FuseFX has an opening in New York! FuseFX is looking for a Recruiter/HR Associate based in our New York studio to manage and coordinate the recruitment and HR efforts for this location, as well as to assist teams in our other locations.
This position will be responsible for managing the full recruitment life cycle from job postings, managing in-coming applications, head-hunting, to interviewing and filling positions.
The role will also be responsible for maintaining and growing our current network of artists and post-production professionals by proactively searching, screening and continuously mapping out potential talent in the industry. The HR portion of this position involves providing HR guidance to our New York office including employee relations, employment questions and general administrative support to ensure efficient operation in the office.
FuseFX is an Emmy award-winning visual effects and animation studio focused on producing photo-real digital effects for feature film, episodic television and commercials.
• Be the key point of contact for all external candidates into the NY studio ensuring that the FuseFX brand is appropriately managed and represented to all candidates
• Build and maintain relationships with prospective talent in order to establish networks in the industry to meet current and future hiring needs utilizing social networks, referrals and our internal network
• Prepare offers which meet candidate expectations, and align the skill level to the correct salary band/job, in line with budgets
• Maintain constant communication with production management, department managers, and supervisors to understand immediate and future hiring requirements and priorities
• Maintain and improve current recruiting practices and systems to ensure a pool of eligible candidates are available to fill both staff and project-based positions in a short turn around
• Support the recruiting function and process that includes: scheduling interviews, organizing candidate travel, preparing offer letters, processing employee referrals, and completing reference and background checks
• Drive and manage recruitment events ensuring that FuseFX is represented positively and that artist information is collected effectively
• Drive university relations and ensure FuseFX has an ongoing relationship with top relevant college programs and ensuring that FuseFX has access to the best and brightest upcoming talent worldwide
• Manage employee relations including meeting with employees, managing investigations and ensuring all issues are resolved in a professional and timely manner
• Assisting in HR administrative tasks such as managing bi-weekly payroll, benefits administration, maintaining filing system and other projects as needed
• Onboard new employees including ensuring proper communication with hiring managers, all required systems are set and onboarding experience is a positive one
• Assist LA HR team in special projects as required
Traits of a successful FuseFX Recruiter/HR Associate
• Previous experience in Visual Effects, Animation, CG or creative recruiting including knowledge of VFX principles is desirable
• Prior experience in Human Resources including employee relations, administration and generalist duties required
• Prior experience with NY/East Coast artist recruiting, while not required, is a welcome addition
• College degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Psychology, Sociology, Communications or related field preferred
• Solid experience of the recruitment life cycle and solutions to hire creative candidates
• Demonstrates the ability to build relationships both internally and externally with a customer-focused approach
• Has a basic working knowledge of legal and immigration requirements that affect recruitment
• Excellent attention to detail including written and oral communication skills and pride in the quality of their work
• A self-starter with the ability to handle several projects at once with excellent planning and organizing skills
• The ability to cope under pressure in an ever changing environment
• Strong computer skills with proficiency working in Filemaker, Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience using Paylocity or similar payroll systems
• Experience with benefits and multi-state and/or international organizations
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online