FuseFXLos Angeles, CA
FuseFX has an opening in Los Angeles! We have opportunities at our studio for experienced and talented 3D Previz artists with a background in television and/or feature film VFX to join our creative team.
A FuseFX Previz Artist is expected to work within Maya to create virtual cameras and cinematic shot sequences that represent the creative vision of the client. Working with the team, they are expected to be flexible at making quick changes, have a skilled eye for composition, framing, and timing, and be able to tell a story and convey shot continuity. A successful candidate should be skilled with all types of animation for props and characters, simple lighting and shading, and also be familiar with using library footage on cards and simple FX techniques to create explosions, smoke, and other in-scene elements needed to convey the action. Being able to create your own assets as needed is also desirable.
FuseFX is an Emmy-award winning visual effects and animation studio focused on producing photo-real digital effects for feature film, episodic television, and commercials.
• Generate sequences of animated shots based on scripts, concepts, storyboards, and verbal direction.
• Block camera framing, timing, lensing, and motion with a strong sense of composition.
• Animate characters, environments, FX elements, props, and other assets in a scene in a high quality, realistic manner.
• Iterate quickly based on client feedback and make rapid changes as needed.
• Create continuity between shots to successfully convey a story.
Traits of a successful FuseFX Previz Artist
• Proficiency in Maya with the full animation toolset and asset creation.
• Minimum of 5 years industry experience in a production environment as an animator with previz/postviz/layout focus.
• Animation experience with cameras, characters, vehicles, and props via keyframing, motion capture, motion-paths, and dynamics.
• In-depth knowledge of cinematic camera animation and continuity plus a strong eye for shot composition and timing.
• Skilled in creating temporary FX elements using 2D cards, particle animation, and related toolsets.
• Ability to work very quickly to express shot concepts to clients under tight production schedule deadlines.
• Strong creative and technical abilities.
• Willingness to serve as an active participant in team discussions, critiques and reviews.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Knowledge of After Effects and Premiere a plus.
• Positive attitude and self-motivated.
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online