Data I/O Coordinator
FuseFXLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
• The Data I/O Coordinator is responsible for gathering, logging and dispersing material to support the various departments at FuseFX. The Coordinator will be expected to ingest, manage, and distribute media for conform and review. The Coordinator will verify the accuracy of information, prepare reports, and manage data storage to and from our internal network. Must have strong communication skills, as it involves both technical and interpersonal components, ensuring systems are technically sound, while maintaining open communication, both within the department and with production teams.
• The position requires a strong interest in post production media management, and some experience with visual effects, or a digital intermediate post house.
• Provide prompt and secure handling of all material, received and sent from the facility.
• Communicate efficiently, both oral and written, with production teams, after receiving and delivering media via drive, Aspera, Signiant, FTP, etc.
• Assist in upkeep and maintenance of network, and web-based storage space.
• Strategize and update shows ready for Archive and De-archive of data, to and from LTO tape.
• Identifying discrepancies, and errors in data, then forwarding to Producers and Supervisors.
• Demonstrate the ability to work under strict deadlines, and also pivot for last minute changes.
• 45% time ingesting / delivering media. 25% archive / de-archive of media. 30% communication.
• Collaborate with various show teams, under time sensitive situations, while maintaining a professional attitude, and a consistent work ethic.
• Excel, Word, Beyond Compare, FileMaker, Shotgun, Ant Renamer, etc.
• Comfortable in an office working environment, including remote work from home.
• To ensure all media is managed, tracked, and QC'd daily, thorough it's FuseFX journey.
• Travel not required, but we have international offices, so a valid passport is a plus.
• Comfortable working knowledge of Windows 10 and Mac OS.
• Have excellent organizational skills, and an acute attention to detail.
• Is a strong multi-tasker, with experience organizing, and managing multiple priorities.
• A self-starter, with ability to focus, take notes, and prioritize while unsupervised.
• Able to follow through and finish strong on large projects.
• H.S. Graduate, Associate degree, Bachelor's degree, or Post Production Trade school
• Previous experience with Data Management, or File System Administration a plus.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. The duties and responsibilities in this job description may be subject to change due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Nothing in this job description restricts the Company's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online