FuseFXNew York, NY
Full Time Job
FuseFX has an opening in New York! We have opportunities at our studio for an experienced and talented Compositing Supervisor with a background in television and/or feature film VFX to join our creative team.
The Compositing Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of compositors and managing the overall quality of compositing work and continuity of 2D work on a show. The Compositing Supervisor also works closely with the VFX Supervisor, VFX Producer and CG Supervisor to communicate the compositing needs of the show, assign and delegate work effectively, and represents the voice of the 2D team.
FuseFX is an award-winning visual effects studio that works with all the major studios to unleash storylines and creative visions. Known for delivering boutique-style project management, we back that with the technology, efficiency, and work experience of a larger studio with locations in Los Angeles, New York, Vancouver, and Atlanta.
• Collaborate with the VFX Supervisor to communicate and assign 2D work on a show to artists, managing the team's overall workload and the studio's 2D pipeline.
• Point person for assigning shots to artists in 2D, collaborating with Production Management on casting and deadlines. Develop a familiarity with the strengths of each member of the 2D team.
• Oversee and comfortable working on all tasks associated with the compositing process, including (but not limited to) 2D tracking, matte extraction, layering of elements and color grading.
• Adept at providing articulate, actionable and even-handed feedback to artists
• Responsible for problem solving and communicating issues at the technical level.
• Help determine element selections from the studio's library, and source practical elements as needed.
• Interface effectively with artists and supervisors in other departments to ensure the seamless integration of work between disciplines, such as CGI, Roto, Matte paintings, etc.
• Sharp organizational and time management skills, able to engage in varied projects simultaneously while maintaining meticulous attention to detail and working towards deadlines.
• Assists in budgeting, shot reviews, interpreting client notes, and guiding the work of artists to completion of shots, as needed.
• Maintains knowledge of status of all shots on assigned shows, and monitors progress both creatively and budgetarily.
• Depending on the size and nature of the project, the Comp Supervisor may be called on to act as a Lead Compositor, perform R&D and look-dev, and build shot templates.
• Maintain a desire to deliver consistently highly quality aesthetic and technical work, while encouraging those around you to strive for the same standards.
Traits of a successful FuseFX Compositing Supervisor
• Strong technical knowledge of Nuke and other Compositing tools at an expert level.
• Thorough understanding color pipeline management from camera to final master (LUTS, DI process, etc.)
• Critical eye for detail and a strong aesthetic sensibility, with the ability to communicate visual ideas to the team.
• Able to provide creative and artistic solutions, as well as technical procedures and solutions to shot production challenges in compositing.
• Experience in project management, artist oversight, and the ability to balance quality with time constraints.
• Possess strong technical and leadership capabilities, with the ability to train and mentor a team of artists with varying levels of experience.
• Strong understanding of color theory, chroma-screen keying, rotoscoping, tracking, and grain management.
• On-set supervision experience is helpful, but not required.
Nothing in this job description restricts the Company's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The Company prohibits discrimination in employment against otherwise qualified applicants because of a physical or mental disability and will make reasonable accommodations to enable qualified persons with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job consistent with applicable law. The Company will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online