Writer / Producer
Fuse MediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Fuse Media is looking for an innovative, talented Producer/Writer to develop and produce ideas for short form series, to join the Digital Content team, in our New York office. The ideal candidate has experience creating and producing unique content with a strong point of view, ideally around music and music culture. Candidates must have success with brainstorming ideas from scratch and turning them into premium and social digital series. Candidate should have experience writing/producing content in a variety of formats including; Roundtable, interviews, docu, profiles and social video. Opportunity for candidate to perform and serve as talent. The Writer/Producer will interact with many departments (Audience development, Editorial, Marketing, Ad Sales) and create projects, including branded, from concept to production and delivery. The ideal candidate will have a deep passion for music and music culture.
• Generate ideas weekly for potential new short series around music and music culture.
• Pitch ideas and create materials (show decks, storyboards, mood boards etc.) necessary to communicate potential new franchises across departments
• Write digital series. Formats include in-studio social videos, branded and premium content on location.
• Observe viral trends on social platforms to make shareable and relatable content
• Produce digital video for other team members and outside creative partners
• Identify new voices relevant to brand - work with new and existing talent to create talent led IP
• Collaborate with editors to ensure quality of videos and adhere to production timelines
• Work closely with editorial team to maintain \synergy with non-video content
• Understanding of creating and producing content for all digital platforms from premium digital to social video content.
• Potential for on camera talent
• At least 2 years of experience writing and producing short form video
• Identifying stories/creative that will connect with the Fuse audience
• Deep knowledge of music and music culture preferred
• A solid understanding of digital video and social media platforms including, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Full-scale production experience, including creating scripts/treatments, producing shoots on location and in studio, and post production.
• Interest in newer or emerging platforms
• Deep understanding of how to make shareable content for a variety of media
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written.
• Strong background in conceptual and visual thinking.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities
• Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
• Experienced in deadline driven environment and internet video
• Passion for music and youth culture