Multiplatform Associate Producer, Content Studio
Fuse MediaCalifornia" ], CA
Full Time Job
Fuse Media is currently seeking a talented content creator to develop and produce ideas for short and long-form series and formats. In this role you will brainstorm ideas from scratch and turn them into premium digital, social, and linear series. Show concepts should have a strong point of view, ideally around empowering a multicultural audience through music culture, style identity, entrepreneurship, and social responsibility. This role is an excellent opportunity to gain experience with writing/producing content in a variety of formats including; roundtable, interviews, docu, profiles and social video. The ideal candidate is a pop culture junkie that lives and breathes the latest trends in music, fashion, food, technology, influencers and megastars with an intuitive sense of what will resonate with Fuse's multicultural millennial audience. This position is based in our Glendale, CA headquarters and reports to the Vice President of our Content Studio.
THE KEY BITS
• Generate content ideas for potential new series empowering a multicultural audience around music culture, style identity, entrepreneurship, and social responsibility
• Pitch ideas and create materials (show decks, storyboards, mood boards etc.) necessary to communicate potential new franchises across departments
• Lead multiple creative video projects simultaneously through concept development, production, and post-production (formats to include in-studio social videos, branded and premium content on location).
• Observe viral trends on social platforms to make shareable and relatable content
• Identify new voices relevant to brand - work with new and existing talent to create talent led IP
• Collaborate with editors to ensure quality of videos and adhere to production timelines
• Work closely with the editorial team to maintain synergy with broad content strategy
• Potential to become on camera talent if the candidate has those aspirations
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
• Minimum 3 years of experience in writing and producing short-form digital and long-form series
• Undergraduate degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience
• Proven ability to Identify stories/creative that will connect with the Fuse audience
• Deep knowledge of and passion for music and youth culture preferred
• A solid understanding of digital video and social media platforms including, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Lifecycle production experience, including creating scripts/treatments, producing shoots on location and in studio, and post production.
• Ability and comfortability with on-screen work preferred
• Deep understanding of how to make shareable content for a variety of media and platforms
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills both verbal and written and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
• Strong background in conceptual and visual thinking.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment of digital video
~ To be considered for this role, you must submit an online portfolio or PDF of your previous work ~
Fuse Media is a cross-platform entertainment media brand for multicultural youth. The company's platforms include the Fuse and FM linear and video-on-demand (VOD) channels; Fuse.TV online and social media properties; OTT apps; and live events. Fuse network is currently available in approximately 65 million households and FM reaches 40 million households. For photos and additional assets, please visit http://fusepress.tv/login/