Manager, Original Programming
Fuse MediaGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
Fuse Media is currently seeking a Manager of Original Programming. The ideal candidate is a music culture junkie who lives and breathes the latest trends in fashion, food, technology, influencers, and social advocacy and with an intuitive sense of what will resonate with Fuse's multicultural millennial audience. This position is based in our Glendale, CA headquarters and reports to the SVP of Original Programming& Development.
THE KEY BITS
• Support SVP and senior executives across projects in Original Programming
• Serve as liaison between production and other network departments including publicity, production
management, post- production, social and digital, business affairs, etc.
• Participate in weekly meetings to give updates to other departments on upcoming projects, answering questions and communicating production needs.
• Prepare all internal documents for Greenlight meetings and work with production companies to obtain additional materials including budgets, calendars, greenlight to air schedules, casting documents, creative treatments, etc.
• Maintain production documents/reports for the department.
• Oversee S&P review of notes from Legal.
• Schedule and run point on weekly series meetings.
• Work with producers and production company executives to solve creative and production-related issues.
• Collect, review and track series calendars from 3rd party partners to ensure on time delivery of all cuts and air masters.
• Attend shoots.
• Assist in the development and roll out/distribution of short form concepts connected to the linear series, across all platforms.
• Review and weigh-in on creative materials: casting, outlines, scripts, style guides and all cuts.
• Build and maintain relationships with producers, directors, agents and production companies
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in production of unscripted content.
• Bachelor's degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience.
• Must have a deep knowledge of and passion for music culture and unscripted content.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills.
• Solid negotiation skills and ability to be diplomatic and tactful with all internal and external contacts and clients.
• Available to travel, sometimes with short notice, to location shoots when appropriate
Fuse Media is a cross-platform entertainment media brand for multicultural youth. The company's platforms include the Fuse and FM linear and video-on-demand (VOD) channels; our website and social media properties; OTT apps; and live events. Fuse network is currently available in approximately 65 million households and FM reaches 40 million households.
To Reflect Today, The World We Want To Create Tomorrow