Manager, Original Programming
Fuse MediaGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
Fuse Media is currently seeking a Manager of Original Programming. The ideal candidate is a music culture junkie who lives and breathes the latest
trends in fashion, food, technology, influencers, and social advocacy and with an intuitive sense of what will resonate with Fuse's multicultural millennial
audience. This position is based in our Glendale, CA headquarters and reports to the SVP of Original Programming& Development.
• Support SVP and senior executives across projects in Original Programming
• Serve as liaison between production and other network departments including publicity, production
management, post- production, social and digital, business affairs, etc
• Participate in weekly meetings to give updates to other departments on upcoming projects, answering questions and communicating
• Prepare all internal documents for Greenlight meetings and work with production companies to obtain additional materials including budgets, calendars, greenlight to air schedules, casting documents, creative treatments, etc.
• Maintain production documents/reports for the department
• Oversee S&P review of notes from Legal
• Schedule and run point on weekly series meetings
• Work with producers and production company executives to solve creative and production-related issues
• Collect, review and track series calendars from 3rd party partners to ensure on time delivery of all cuts and air masters
• Attend shoots
• Assist in the development and roll out/distribution of short form concepts connected to the linear series, across all platforms
• Review and weigh-in on creative materials: casting, outlines, scripts, style guides and all cuts.
• Build and maintain relationships with producers, directors, agents and production companies
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience in production of unscripted content
• Bachelor's degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience
• Must have a deep knowledge of and passion for music culture and unscripted content
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills
• Solid negotiation skills and ability to be diplomatic and tactful with all internal and external contacts and clients
• Available to travel, sometimes with short notice, to location shoots when appropriate
Fuse Media is an independently owned multiplatform media company reflecting the wide-ranging tastes and attitudes of the fast-growing, Latino and multicultural 18-34 audience. The company's media brands include the Fuse and FM linear and video-on-demand (VOD) channels; Fuse.TV online and mobile websites; the Fuse TV mobile and over-the-top (OTT) apps; a podcast network; several branded social media channels; and live events. Fuse network is currently available in approximately 70 million households and FM reaches over 43 million households.
To Reflect Today, The World We Want To Create Tomorrow