Head Of Development
Fuse MediaGlendale, AZ
Full Time Job
• • THE GIG
Fuse Media is currently seeking an experienced Director/Head of Development. This person will be responsible for constructing and supervising the internal development process from ideation through pitching to the internal Executive Leadership Team, and potentially, the external sales process. The role will serve as a key member of the Original Content Team, contributing to brand strategy, content positioning, collaborating on current productions, and overseeing a potential content selling strategy. Secondarily, this position will also be responsible for overseeing the development of all short-form shoulder content for all internally approved series.
This position is based in our Glendale, CA headquarters and reports to the VP of Content Studio.
THE KEY BITS
• Responsible for bringing a steady flow of quality and cost-effective ideas to the network through internal ideation
• Cultivate unique, compelling and brand-appropriate content
• Supervise the development materials for potential new series from paper to presentation tapes
• Pitch projects to the internal Executive Leadership Team
• Liaise with the Legal team to ensure all deals are moving forward and closing in a timely manner
• Liaise with the Production Management team to insure all concepts are fully realized with appropriate deliverables, budget and calendar support throughout all stages of development
• Liaise with the Current Productions team to ensure all concepts are delivering what was promised during Executive Leadership Team pitch
• Develop and maintain relationships with the content buying community, including all traditional linear networks and streaming platforms for the purposes of selling any formats that are not approved to air on Fuse.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
• 8 years of related long-form content development experience required
• Field production experience is a plus, but not required
• Must have a deep knowledge of and passion for pop culture and current social issues
• Strong history of developing authentic stories as well as identifying emerging talent
• Must have the ability to identify producers, directors and talent necessary to execute development projects successfully in series for Fuse
• Proven record of demonstrated creativity with an ability to generate new ideas and translate them into high-quality programs
• An independent thinker and idea-generator that is adept at managing a team of the same
• Outstanding editorial judgment and creative abilities, verbal and written communication, organizational, interpersonal, prioritization, motivational and business management skills
• Knowledge of all aspects of contemporary production and post-production capabilities.
• Working knowledge of Adobe creative suite programs, specifically Photoshop and Premiere