Fuse MediaNew York, NY
Full Time Job
We're looking for a hardworking creative to lead editorial strategy, responsible for c oncepting and crafting brand positioning and language at Fuse. The ideal person is steeped in music and popular culture, is a strong copy editor, and has experience working across various disciplines to nurture and promote a brand ''voice.'' This role is based in our New York office and will have a dual reporting relationship to the Head of Digital Strategy and Head of Marketing.
• Working in tandem with Social and Marketing teams to over see the creation and execution of a consistent editorial voice for the network.
• Reviewing scripts and providing copywriting direction to producers. Types of scripts/copy include: on-air promos and navigation, brand and property image spots, off-channel marketing spots, digital series descriptions, social media captions and post copy.
• Guide the Fuse brand tone of voice across audience-facing social content, including participating in the development of editorial coverage.
• Ensuring that scripts/copy are on-brand, and effective in delivering a message
• Maintaining the integrity of the FUSE brand voice in any scripts, copy, posts or external B2B publications as established by the FUSE brand guidelines.
What You Bring:
• Minimum of 7 years of experience as a writer or editor.
• Experience developing copy and content that drives engagement in social media
• Bachelor's degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training and hands-on experience
• Must have a deep knowledge of and passion for music, pop culture and original content
• A collaborative spirit, and the ability to work and lead across departments
• Passion for smart and engaging storytelling, social listening, and creating meaningful or empowering experiences for a diverse audience
• Highly organized, detail oriented and media-savvy
• Not required but a plus: Experience in PR, marketing, or similar fields