Digital, Video Coordinator
Fuse MediaLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
• • THE GIG
FUSE is currently seeking an experienced Digital Video Coordinator to be responsible for the processing and maintenance of all video content published on our online apps, and syndication platforms. Responsibilities include ingestion, encoding, meta-data population, maintenance of video schedules, and the timely fulfillment of media for the content team. This position reports to the director of Digital Operations.
The ideal candidate has experience working with online video management platforms or other video CMS and is passionate about quality content. This individual would work closely with the digital ops team to assist in improving the overall digitial distribution workflow.
THE KEY BITS
• Manage daily video content deliveries, metadata, and images via our OVP for publishing on Fuse and syndication partner platforms.
• Populate metadata and all custom fields before and after content is published online.
• Select, crop and adjust color to all video thumbnail images for use on OVP, CMS, social and partner platforms.
• Schedule sunrise and sunset dates for long and short form video content published on internal platforms.
• Maintain content feeds for Fuse platforms and syndication partners by tagging content accordingly.
• Program OVP playlists and modules to drive viewership.
• Communicate availability of new videos, content issues, and publishing info to internal teams based on internal roll-out grids.
• Support social, content and press teams with video, still requests and updates.
• Handle high volume content deliveries during busy times, such as festivals or awards shows.
• Audit fuse platforms to make sure videos are playing and ads are serving.
• Audit content to make sure metadata is correct and up to date.
• Assist in technical QC and testing for product and content releases across digital platforms.
• Assist with vendor and partner evaluations
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING
• 2-3 years of experience managing and processing video in an OVP or video syndication platform (ex. JW Player, Comcast MPX, Brightcove, Ooyala, or Kaltura)
• Strong project, content or asset management experience.
• Working understanding of video formats and channel best practices in a digital/media environment.
• Should be familiar with metadata, categories, keywords and file naming best practices.
• Strong affinity for digital media, emerging platforms and content distribution.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment within tight deadlines.
• Must possess good problem solving skills in addition to good written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail, solid time management and the ability to multi-task/prioritize.
• Ability to understand and interpret video analytics and other user data/metrics.
• Working knowledge of FTP tools, MS Office, Google Suite and Photoshop.
• Familiarity with managing and publishing video content on YouTube is a plus.
• Basic knowledge of video editing software such as Avid or Premiere is a plus, but not required.