Friedman Entertainment GroupLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Search for Senior Counsel jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Friedman Entertainment Group, an entertainment law firm which represents unscripted production companies and studios, is continuing to grow and is seeking a Los Angeles-based attorney to join its team in the new role of senior counsel. For more information about Friedman Entertainment Group, you may visit its website.
Summary of Position:
The Senior Counsel will efficiently and effectively handle a large volume of deals and production legal work involving the development and production of unscripted/reality television and digital media programming in a fast paced environment for multiple production company and studio clients. The Senior Counsel will work from home/work remotely and have the opportunity to build relationships and experience while contributing to the growth of the firm and to his/her career growth.
You are strongly encouraged to apply if you:
1. Have at least approximately 4-10 years of experience in U.S. unscripted/reality television business & legal affairs and production legal with a production company, network, and/or entertainment law firm;
2. Have experience handling development and production business & legal affairs matters for television and digital media programming with minimal oversight and be ready, willing and able to handle a high volume of production legal work;
3. Knowledge in media law (including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, and employment law) and experience reviewing and legally clearing episodes of unscripted/reality television and digital media programming;
4. Have relationships within the television and digital media entertainment industry, including with networks, production companies, agencies, and law firms;
5. Have experience managing multiple priorities among multiple clients and/or internal stakeholders;
6. Have experience building out forms and pre-negotiated gives to maximize operational efficiency.
7. Solid working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel);
8. Have the demonstrated confidence and ability to make decisions;
9. Have a Juris Doctorate degree from an ABA accredited law school and are an active member in good standing with the State Bar of California;
10. Are willing to put forth the effort and initiative necessary to help build and maintain an efficient work flow;
11. Are ready to hit the ground running;
12. Have great communication skills;
13. Have attention to detail and pride yourself on your level of efficiency and work product;
14. Have a sense of humor;
15. Are a self-starter and team player;
16. Have the legal right to work in the United States;
17. Are willing and able to work from home/work remotely; and
18. Are based in Los Angeles, California and willing and able to work Los Angeles/Pacific Time hours (9am-7pm, Monday through Friday) and to be available for urgent production matters if/when needed outside of normal work hours.