Framework StudioLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Post Supervisor jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Reports To: Executive Producer(s) & CEO
This is a technical and administrative leadership role within the Post Production Department. It is the job of the Post Supervisor to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the department, to develop and implement best practices and workflows from project inception to final delivery, to maintain quality control and accuracy of all deliverables coming out of the department, to manage the online and finishing process, and to, in general, be forward thinking in regards to upcoming demands on the department and actively work to prepare for them.
Major Daily Duties:
- Being a technical and administrative leader and voice of the post department:
o The first line of support for new faces joining the team and freelancers alike.
o The first line of defense for questions regarding logistics, tech specs and workflow.
o Clearly, concisely and consistently communicating needs and expectations of the post department and the Framework team.
- Managing the Online/Finishing process:
o QC of Online / Color / Audio Mix work and Final Deliveries.
o Identifying and accurately achieving required technical specs for deliverables.
- Working closely with the Post Producers, Creative Directors, and IT Director to ensure necessary equipment, space and support staff is in place ahead of all project needs.
- Actively manage and track all media flowing in and out of Framework Post, acting as a liaison for media management with AEs and online team. Make informed requests to Studio Clients when necessary assets are missing.
- Active management of direct reports: Media Manager, Assistant Editors, Post Coordinators
- General day-to-day troubleshooting of Post software and hardware as needed.
Major Long-Term Duties:
- Adapting and implementing best practices and workflows in the Post Department.
o Identifying our inefficiencies and develop methods to solve them.
- Finding and developing relationships with third party vendors important to our workflow such as transcription houses or mix houses.
- Continuously cultivating and updating a call list of editor and AE talent.
- Fostering a positive and efficient work environment with clearly communicated goals for the team.
- Fostering the growth of Framework Post in a controlled and intentional manner while cultivating a positive team culture.
The list above are general terms, eagle eye view point of this position at Framework Studio. There will always be tasks and needs that are not listed here but fall into your scope of work.