Framework StudioLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Search for Post Producer jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Reports To: Executive Producer(s), CEO
This is a creative and administrative/logistical leadership role within the Post-Production Department. It is the job of the Producer to ensure the smooth and efficient running of post-production projects, whether brought in from a personal client or assigned by Framework. This includes being the face of Framework Post in interacting with our clients, leading the editorial team to new creative heights, setting and meeting delivery schedules, and maintaining quality control of what bears the Framework brand.
- Client-facing. You are the go-to point of contact for clients tied to your projects.
o Decipher what our clients need and surpass their expectations.
o Maintain a responsive, concise, and accurate line of communication with our clients.
o Traffic notes to editors. Discuss creative with clients, creative directors and editors alike.
o Win them over. Make them want to work with you.
- Creative Producing Editorial. You are a creative leader within your projects.
o Have a deep understanding of your projects and the tools available to us. Know what is being sought by the clients, and logistically how we can get there ahead of schedule and under budget.
o Guide the editors by knowing the material available to you, how to editorially cheat and when, and by setting expectations with regularly updated to-do lists.
- Logistically Producing Editorial. Help set Framework Post up for a win.
o Know the demands of your project in terms of personnel and equipment. How many editors will you need? Assistant editors for support? Colorists and finishers? When? These are questions for you to answer. Work closely with PRODUCTION, CREATIVE DIRECTORS, and the POST SUPERVISOR to set the target for your project and map out the way to it, all while keeping key players on the same page.
o Work with your clients to make sure the editorial team has the assets they need to succeed.
- Billing. Accurately and promptly generate billing for your projects. All billing is submitted to the Executive Producers for approval before going to clients.
Major Long-Term Duties:
- Continuously challenge and elevate the creative coming out of Framework Post.
- Train the support staff. Associate Producers, Coordinators, Assistant editors-- We all wear multiple hats, and it's what makes us successful. Share what you know. Train excellence.
- Continuously cultivate Framework's call list of Post Production freelance talent and third party vendors.
- Foster a positive and efficient work environment with clearly communicated goals for the team.
The list above are general terms, eagle eye view point of this position at Framework Studio. There will always be tasks and needs that are not listed here but fall into your scope of work.