Senior Data Services Technician
FramestoreCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Framestore is home to award winning visionaries working across film, Integrated Advertising and the digital realm. We are looking to hire a Senior Data Services Technician to work at our Los Angeles studio in Culver City. Our potential candidate should have at least three years professional experience working at a VFX, color grading, or editing facility.
The data services department manages the facility's digital content throughout the duration of a project. The department's responsibilities include receiving and delivering all project elements, transcoding and converting files as needed, placing files in proper location on a centralized server, safely archiving and maintaining usable space on a facility wide centralized server, and performing final QC and delivery of all client material.
- Monitoring, tracking, and transferring data through out the facility for each project
- Bringing data online from a variety of external sources (outside facilities, portable drives, cloud based servers)
- Delivering data to a variety of sources within the company and outside the company
- Transcoding and converting files (i.e. manipulating file format, aspect ratio, frame rate, color space)
- Preparing client provided files, EDLs, and artwork for artist use
- Proper QC of client material for delivery of a project's Final Masters
- Delivering data and Final Masters to clients via a variety of cloud based applications
- Archiving and maintaining usable storage space on Auto Desk Flame workstations
- Safely and meticulously archiving and removing files at project completion via an automated archive solution
- Entering and logging incoming client material into a corporate wide database
- Recognize and understand the facility's priorities and prioritize workload accordingly
- Delegating daily departmental tasks to junior department members
- Mentor and help educate junior department members on department process and protocol
- Actively communicate with producers and coordinators, updating them on their data request's completion status.
- Take an active ownership in the Data Department's performance and efficiency
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to respectfully interact with co-workers in a fast paced, professional environment
- Working knowledge of Black Magic's ''Resolve'' color solution / Adobe Media Encoder / Adobe Premiere
- Experience with Autodesk's Flame / Foundry's Nuke / Adobe Creative Suite / Filmlight's Baselight software
- Knowledge of modern professional digital cameras
- Ability to use Linux, or MAC OSX, or Microsoft's Windows workstations in a professional environment
- Working knowledge of Linux and/or DOS shell command line navigation
- Working knowledge of file server mount points and mapping of centralized storage in a multi-platform server based environment
- Thorough understanding of visual effects, color grading and computer graphic concepts and terminology
- Thorough understanding & knowledge of a computer network and remote server technology
- Working knowledge of transcoding and converting video formats / codecs / file formats / frame rates
- Experience using and troubleshooting IBM's Aspera Faspex and sftp data transfer applications in a professional environment
- Knowledge of digital file color space / file bit depth / aspect ratios / video and audio codecs
- Working knowledge of permissible broadcast quality video & audio levels
- Ability to read and understand professional broadcast video & audio scope
- Python or shell scripting experience, is a considerable plus
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online