Director Of Program Management
FoxnextSan Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Director Program Management
San Francisco Bay Area, CA
FoxNext is looking for a Director of Program Management to join the Program Management team, to partner with multiple development studios and various internal partners to enable the timely delivery of AAA quality mobile, PC, and Console games. This will include not only supporting development up to game release, but also ongoing creation of engaging content for the entire lifecycle of the product.
The role will interface with all parts of the organization from Game Development, Executive Management, Publishing, Central Tech, Finance, Legal and more.
This position reports to the VP, Program Management for FoxNext Games.
Your Day to Day:
You can expect to be responsible and accountable for the following:
• Tracking and reviewing development progress across multiple games that will be in various stages of development.
• Building productive and open relationships with internal Development Teams, supporting functions and Licensing leadership
• Developing dashboards and processes to enable information flow across the organization on status, key dates and requests for support.
• Supporting the maintenance and evolution of our Game Development Framework (GDF) to ensure on-track development, identifying possible issues with the product/content development, whether that be resource challenges, time constraints, technical hurdles, quality, etc.
• Consistently engage with senior leadership to identify potential issues in the development cycle, narrow down on solutions in partnership with the development teams and support resolution.
• Partner with Publishing, Business Development, and Central Tech to ensure game launches are executed upon cleanly and in line with the GDF, giving the product the highest chance of success in the marketplace.
• Leading the Launch Readiness effort for the game's commercial release, and content/features thereafter to ensure engagement and partnership across the organization for game launch and live game management.
• Evaluation and management of third party partners and services for Development or other ancillary support for the Studios
FoxNext Games is a new organization within Fox, and you will be expected to also take a leadership and hands-on role in identifying, establishing and evolving organization-wide processes to support the development teams.
Your Career Progression
While the scope of your work has some clear definitions, your ability to partner with all development and publishing teams in new, creative and engaging ways and to identify new opportunities to improve the Central process in order to better support the Studios will set you apart. You will have direct influence on the timely delivery, quality, and ultimate market success of our products.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 12 years project management experience within tech heavy, B2C businesses including video games
• 7 years within gaming industry within a development team; PC/Console experience is a must, mobile a huge plus
• Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously, preferably a mix of R&D and live stages
• Experience shipping live service product and seeing through a period of its live lifecycle
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience working with a team of diverse functions
• Passion for video games
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FoxNext is driving immersive, next generation entertainment experiences in the areas of augmented and virtual reality, mobile, console/PC games and location-based entertainment across Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox Networks Group. The division consists of FoxNext Games, FoxNext VR Studio and FoxNext Destinations.