Animator / Rigging Artist
FoxnextPlaya Vista, CA
Full Time Job
FoxNext Games, a world-class mobile game development studio, is in search of an Animator/Rigger to join our development team on MARVEL STRIKE FORCE. We need a strong creative contributor with an exceptional understanding of the rigging and skinning processes, as well as the ability to create key framed character and creature animations. Your passion for games and the Marvel Universe helps you bring to life your favorite heroes and villains, and contribute to one of the most visually ambitious mobile experiences ever.
FoxNext Games Los Angeles is on a never-ending mission to create unforgettable games for mobile devices. Our studio was built by passionate game makers dedicated to crafting playful, smart, addictively fun experiences. We care about accessibility, depth, innovation, and production values... but most of all we care about our community of players. We don't just make games, we play and love them too, making player empathy a core value for all of us.
If you're thinking about joining our close-knit team you should love games, be world-class at making them, and understand fundamentally that great business results come from great games and loyal players. At FoxNext LA, located just three miles from the Pacific in Playa Vista CA, you'll be working with some of the best developers in the world from hit games and franchises including Command & Conquer, Battle for Middle-earth, Empires & Allies, and Diablo.
Day to Day:
• Maintain and support the character animation pipeline by rigging, skinning and integrating characters and props
• Troubleshoot and fix technical issues in Maya related to animation
• Create hand keyed 3D animations of creature and humanoid characters that reflect the personalities of Marvel characters
• Collaborate with design team and animation lead to conceptualize exciting combat actions
• Consistently strive to exceed the highest quality standards of the studio
Required Experience and Skills:
• 3 years of experience rigging, skinning, and animating in Maya for game systems like Unity or Unreal
• Portfolio demonstrating strong rigging, skinning, and animation skills
• Thorough understanding of animation principles and the ability to create dynamic key framed animation
• Knowledge and experience with MEL or Python
• Excellent understanding of skin weighting and deformation
• Art or Animation related college or university degree: BA or BFA
Desirable Experience and Skills:
• Experience with mobile development, live F2P games in particular
• Experience with fighting/combat system development
• Credit on multiple shipped titles
• Familiar with the Marvel universe
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
FoxNext is driving immersive, next generation entertainment experiences in the areas of augmented and virtual reality, mobile, console/PC games and location-based entertainment across Twentieth Century Fox Film and Fox Networks Group. The division consists of FoxNext Games, FoxNext VR Studio and FoxNext Destinations.