Writer, Strategic Initiatives
Full Time Job
Fox Corporation is seeking a Writer who will join the Strategic Initiatives/Business Development team to help grow the content partnership with Credible, a consumer finance marketplace. In this role, the Writer will write multiple articles on personal finance and business news, monitoring the news cycle for story pitches, analyzing metrics and other KPIs. The Writer should be a master multitasker who can work effectively, efficiently, and quickly while managing multiple assignments. The Writer should have excellent writing skills, experience in implementing SEO tactics, and a background in journalism or another related field. This is a fully remote position.
*TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST ATTACH A LINK TO YOUR ONLINE WRITING PORTFOLIO*
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Write daily news/evergreen stories tied to the business/personal finance news cycle
• Research and pitch new content based on historical performance, the news cycle, and other revenue-generation measures. Monitor the business news cycle for potential content ideas/opportunities to grow the partnership
• Use analytic platforms to understand real-time and historical data and trends to better inform decision-making and pitches
• Explore and pursue ways to grow the partnership via content coverage
• Build, edit and maintain Google docs for project organization.
• Edit, monitor, and update content placement on the Fox News and Fox Business homepages
• Run reports/provide data analysis and insight into the performance of select articles, verticals, and the partnership overall
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3 years' worth of digital experience (preferably in journalism or marketing/advertising), including SEO strategies
• Experience covering business news or consumer/personal finance topics
• Writing/editing background
• Ability to write clean, concise, accurate copy on a tight deadline, multiple times daily
• Ability to multitask
• Understanding of the digital landscape; forward-thinking mentality
• Highly analytical, ability to interpret data, recognize inflection points and key insights
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of basic analytics platforms (Chartbeat, Omniture)
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's Degree
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world's leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.