Fox• Usa Remote, NY
Full Time Job
FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com are looking for an experienced Writer, Politics, to join our team. The Writer, Politics, will have years of experience in journalism with an eye for breaking and compelling news to serve our audience. You ''live and breathe'' news, consuming content from a wide variety of sources. You are able to write and produce several stories efficiently on a daily basis, covering news of the day along with original and exclusive news.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Cover breaking news events, writing quickly and precisely to help solidify Fox News as the go-to site for developing stories
• Source national and international media for stories that resonate with FoxNews.com's audience, aggregating with complete and proper attribution
• Pursue original and exclusive stories through close contact with sources
• Present all stories, original, breaking and aggregated, in an accessible, consistent and compelling style
• Collaborate closely with editors and fellow reporters
• Fill in as needed to program the homepage
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Minimum of two years of experience covering the news and newsroom experience
• Knowledge of AP style is vital, as is a clear and crisp writing style
• Possess a firm grasp of current events and a desire to be precise, quick, and accurate in presenting the news to the vast FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com audience
• Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and work under pressure in a fast-paced newsroom environment
• Ability to be flexible and can work on some holidays as needed; possess ''on-call'' mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $65,500.00-82,500.00 annually for California, Washington, New York City and Westchester County, NY. $54,500.00-68,700.00 annually for Colorado. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.