Writer - Outkick
FoxNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/23/2022 2:05:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Writer - Outkick jobs in New York-NY
Search all Writer - Outkick postings
Full Time Job
OutKick is a leading national media platform that produces and distributes engaging content at the intersection of sports, pop culture, and politics. OutKick content and contributors, which are accessible on OutKick.com as well as across video livestreams, social media, podcasts, and radio, reach tens of millions of fans each month. Originally founded by Clay Travis, OutKick is a FOX Corporation company. For more information, please visit www.OutKick.com.
Outkick.com is looking for experienced writers and reporters to join our team. You have experience in journalism with an eye for breaking and compelling sports and culture stories to serve the Outkick.com audience. You ''live and breathe'' sports, news, and pop culture stories. You consume content from a wide variety of sources and are constantly thinking of how to advance and give new twists to compelling stories. You are able to write and produce several stories efficiently on a daily basis. You are familiar with Outkick.com and feel your style and sensibilities fit well with what makes Outkick.com unique in the sports media landscape.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Cover sports, sports culture, and pop culture stories. Writing quickly, precisely, creatively, and edgy to help solidify and grow Outkick.com as a destination website for the American Sports fan
• Identify and source national and international sports media stories that resonate with Outkick.com's audience, aggregating with complete and proper attribution
• Pursue original and exclusive stories through close contact with sources
• Present all stories, original, breaking, and aggregated, in an accessible, consistent, and compelling style
• Collaborate closely with editors and fellow writers and reporters
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Minimum of two years of experience covering and writing in a news/sports news environment
• Very strong writing skills
• Possess a firm grasp of current events and a desire to be precise, quick, and accurate in presenting stories to the enthusiastic Outkick.com audience
• Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and work under pressure despite this being a role where you will be working remotely
• Ability to be flexible and work early or late shifts which may include some weekend days and holidays as needed; possess an ''on-call'' mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.