Writer, News Desk
Fox• Usa Remote, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/11/2023 1:40:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Writer, News Desk jobs in • Usa Remote-NY
Search all Writer, News Desk postings
Full Time Job
FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com are looking for an experienced Writer to join our team. You love breaking news and thrive working in a fast-paced environment. You have 2+ years of experience in journalism with an eye for breaking and compelling news to serve our audience. You ''live and breathe'' news, consuming content from a wide variety of sources. You are able to write and produce several stories efficiently on a daily basis, mainly covering breaking news along with news of the day/trending news. You will have the opportunity to do original and exclusive reporting.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Cover breaking news events, writing quickly and precisely to help solidify Fox News as the go-to site for breaking news
• Pitch and cover stories that resonate with FoxNews.com's audience, aggregating with complete and proper attribution
• Pursue original and exclusive stories through close contact with sources
• Present all stories, original, breaking, and aggregated, in an accessible, consistent, and compelling style
• Collaborate closely with editors and fellow writers/reporters
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Minimum of two years of experience covering the news and newsroom experience
• Knowledge of AP style is vital, as is a clear and crisp writing style
• Possess a firm grasp of current events and a desire to be precise, quick, and accurate in presenting the news to the vast FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com audience
• Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and work under pressure in a fast-paced newsroom environment
• Ability to be flexible and can work on some holidays as needed; possess ''on-call'' mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
• Know-how in developing SEO-focused content
• PhotoShop and knowledge of video (iPhone) editing skills preferred
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $62,900.00-75,000.00 annually for California, Washington, New York City and Westchester County, NY. $52,400.00-62,500.00 annually for Colorado. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.