Writer, Jesse Watters Primetime
FoxNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Jesse Watters Primetime is looking for a Writer – one who is creative, collaborative, and fun – with a knack for great storytelling and making people laugh. As part of the daily writing process, you will be conducting research, selecting sound bites, writing, editing video, building graphics, and workshopping your script with the show's host and Senior Producers. This is the perfect position for a Fox News fan who is well-versed in politics, culture, and current events - and thrives in a collaborative, creative, editorial environment.
You will be offered the following shift: Mondays through Fridays 12 PM - 8 PM ET
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pitch stories & participate in daily team meetings
• Conduct in-depth research; identify valuable information and cut through clutter
• Write stories, guest intros, teases & lower thirds
• Identify & edit the most compelling visual elements (sound, video, graphics)
• Workshop scripts with the show's host & Senior Producers
• Additional responsibilities based on your unique talents/abilities
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 1-3 years of prior television (or similar) experience
• Knowledge/interest in current events, politics, pop culture
• Ability to work collaboratively with others under intense deadline pressure
• Ability to work independently and make smart decisions on your own
• Ability to understand and implement ideas described by other people
• Willingness to listen, learn and grow from constructive criticism
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
• Experience in a live control room
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $65,500.00-80,000.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the newly announced platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 20 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.