Full Time Job
FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com are looking for an experienced Business Writer to join our team. The Business Writer is a seasoned journalist with years of experience from a major newsroom with vast experience in coverage. You will have a wide range of business sources that will enable you to break news and dig in on original and exclusive reporting.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conceptualize and execute original reporting, including long-term projects when possible, conducting interviews (mostly by phone or email)
• Reporting on breaking financial markets, corporate & economic news events that occur, writing quickly and precisely to help solidify Fox News Digital as the go-to site for developing stories
• Source national and international media for stories that resonate with the FOX Business audience, aggregating with complete and proper attribution
• Present all stories, original, breaking, and aggregated, in an accessible, consistent, and compelling style
• Collaborate closely with editors and fellow reporters, including frequent coloration on stories with FOX Business Network as well
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Minimum of two years of experience covering the business news and national newsroom experience
• Knowledge of AP style is vital, as is a clear and crisp writing style
• Familiar with economic reports, corporate earnings, SEC filings
• Possess a firm grasp of current events and a desire to be precise, quick, and accurate in presenting the news to the vast FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com audience
• Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment and work under pressure in a fast-paced newsroom environment
• Ability to be flexible and can work on some holidays as needed; possess ''on-call'' mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.