White House Producer
Full Time Job
Fox News is looking for a tenacious White House Producer to join our Washington, D.C. team. As the White House Producer, you have strong sources and exceptional editorial skills. The White House Producer will have the ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television. The White House Producer is a proactive, passionate, and self-motivated individual who will work with our producers and reporters to break news and advance the networks' coverage.
This position involves working weekends, often out of town. In addition to this expected travel, the job will require frequent travel during the weekdays as well, often with little notice.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Build contacts and develop unique sources that allow you the opportunity to break news
• Provide editorial and logistical guidance to drive our White House coverage and stay ahead of our competitors
• Assist reporters in gathering video, picking sound bites for use on-air, with live shots, and producing packages
• Field produce, encompassing coordinating crews for the best coverage, conducting interviews, shooting video, and providing editorial readouts and pool reports
• Pitch stories and develop original content for television and digital that approach stories from unique angles
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 5+ years of political reporting in a broadcast, print, or digital work environment
• Strong contacts in the White House, Capitol Hill, and federal agencies
• Exceptional editorial judgment and intricate knowledge of national and international politics
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
• Proficiency in shooting, editing and digitally transmitting video
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's degree
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.