Weather Producer / Meteorologist
FoxNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/2/2021 11:05:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Weather Producer / Meteorologist jobs in New York-NY
Search all Weather Producer / Meteorologist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Weather Producer / Meteorologist?
Full Time Job
FOX Weather is looking for a Weather Producer/Meteorologist to join our team!
FOX Weather is an ad-supported digital weather service that will provide critical information through cutting-edge digital products, engaging on-the-go audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices. A cross-divisional initiative built upon FOX's expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather will provide audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
As a Weather Producer/Meteorologist, you will play a key role in driving accurate, informative, and compelling weather coverage across platforms. In close coordination with the linear stream production team and digital content team, you will provide regular meteorological guidance, partner to produce content across platforms, and ensure the FOX Weather audience is continually provided the most accurate, informative, and impactful weather content.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work closely with daypart linear stream production team by pitching weather content ideas, producing weather segments, and providing regular meteorological guidance
• Create and update daily weather graphics using IBM Max and Baron Lynx
• Monitor and analyze weather data to create forecasts for all platforms
• Regularly provide updated weather briefings to on-air talent, linear stream, and digital content production teams
• Play critical role during severe weather coverage, providing guidance to all key stakeholders
• Work closely with other daypart Weather Producer/Meteorologists to ensure consistent look, feel, and process
• Participate in leading training on weather systems and meteorological topics for FOX Weather team
• Responsible for education and explanation of complex weather topics to production teams
• Troubleshoot issues with graphics platforms
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 5+ years experience in a broadcast television environment with IBM MAX and Baron Lynx applications
• Deep understanding of weather communication
• Excellent organizational skills, as well as the ability to create a collaborative environment that fosters team work
• Enthusiasm for new products and platforms, and the creative energy to ignite great ideas
• Excellent communication skills, a collaborative spirit, and the ability to work under intense deadline pressure
• Experience with talent management
• Able to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of a live production environment
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.